Tautai gone!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Tautai gone!

Post by josie andrews »

adiddy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:50 pm Despite what people think about Tautai as a player, it's a shame his career in the UK has ended due to drunken stupidity. Tautai has put his body on the line for Wigan and our entertainment and although I can't condone Drink driving, I thank him wholeheartedly for what he's done for the club and the charity work in and around the town of Wigan.

Matt
Well said Matt 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Seems a nice guy, just an unfortunate mistake.

Although, on the news, Lenagan did shake his hand so if he’s actually gone or not I don’t know... 🤝
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

While i understand there is a human element here i cannot find any sympathy for a drunk driver

in 2016 9,040 people were injured or killed in incidents involving a drunken driver

You may say he made a mistake - i prefer the word choice.

Im not pretending i'm perfect but there are certain things you simply dont do and getting behind the wheel after drinking is one of the more obvious ones
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:06 pm Seems a nice guy, just an unfortunate mistake.

Although, on the news, Lenagan did shake his hand so if he’s actually gone or not I don’t know... 🤝
I don't see it as an unfortunate mistake,how many time has he got away with it before being caught.
The fact that he only started 7 games for us and was sub 120 odd times shows what an utterly average player he was.
We need a better standard of player on and off the field.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Instant replacement???lets get lui from salford to really pee leeds off lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:23 pm
adiddy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:50 pm Despite what people think about Tautai as a player, it's a shame his career in the UK has ended due to drunken stupidity. Tautai has put his body on the line for Wigan and our entertainment and although I can't condone Drink driving, I thank him wholeheartedly for what he's done for the club and the charity work in and around the town of Wigan.

Matt
Well said Matt 😊

+1
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Tautai did wrong and paid the penalty, Hardaker still here, it stinks of double standards.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

old hooker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:15 pm Tautai did wrong and paid the penalty, Hardaker still here, it stinks of double standards.
Hardaker didn't get deported did he
Dev

Post by Dev »

old hooker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:15 pm Tautai did wrong and paid the penalty, Hardaker still here, it stinks of double standards.
Like what was previously mentioned it was more to do with his visa issues that’s made him have to leave the club, he had to stay squeaky clean to get that renewed and he never so unfortunately he’s paid the price but reading between the lines he wanted to go back home anyway.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:
Wintergreen wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:05 am
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:00 am Disgrace by the Club, im not a Tautai fan but let him go when they have kept on 2 others is a joke.
That's what I mean. There must surely be something else going on?
He was in the middle of getting citizenship, Your not allowed to do anything wrong during the process or you are sent back to whence you came, Nothing else the club could have done
I am not entirely sure that is relevant to him leaving the club now. It might have affected his application for residency once he’d finished playing which is what I thought he was aiming for but presumably he had a work visa for the duration of his contact.

I don’t think it’s automatic they get cancelled for a drink driving offence. It probably would have done if he’d mowed down pedestrians as a result but I think the severity of what someone does is taken into account.

It does stink a bit to me because let’s not forget not only was Hardaker done for drink driving he also had no insurance and ran away from the police!

If the club didn’t want to help TT remain at the club and support him as they said they were going to do with Hardaker then that is double standards for me. If TT leaves due to his drink driving offence Hardaker should never have been employed.