Hastings 6 weeks ago

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Hastings 6 weeks ago

Post by ddtftf »

I just cannot understand why the club withholds the information, i announced on here over 6 weeks ago that we had signed him so just let the fans know so we can be excited about the future rather than be dissonant.

Even to now while other clubs are announcing their new signings we have still not had official confirmation that we have signed Hastings totally BAD PR
josie andrews

Re: Hastings 6 weeks ago

Post by josie andrews »

Maybe something announced today!!

Tuesday & Thursday are the usual days for confirming news in press releases 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Maybe Hastings didn't want the signing released until after the Wigan v Salford game out of respect to the Salford club and it's fans.
The deal was agreed round about the time of the game in Barcelona.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:21 am Maybe Hastings didn't want the signing released until after the Wigan v Salford game out of respect to the Salford club and it's fans.
Do you know the identity of the prop we are chasing?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:27 am
No straw damn us wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:21 am Maybe Hastings didn't want the signing released until after the Wigan v Salford game out of respect to the Salford club and it's fans.
green of hull and jensen of the cowboys apparently
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I have a none bias attitude when i post on the site and it is only fair to say well done to the club securing the signature of Hastings .
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would have thought it was largely driven by the player and Salford. Hastings has shown his gratitude and affection for Salford and it reflects well in him that he is trying to do things the tight way. I agree we have had pretty much zero good news (with Smithies and Ollie notable exceptions) to offset the mainly calamitous news regularly coming out of the club this year, but in this case the delay makes a lot of sense.
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:04 pm I have a none bias attitude when i post on the site and it is only fair to say well done to the club securing the signature of Hastings .

Agreed, tremendous signing and long overdue that we signed a player of this quality at 7
shaunedwardsfanclub

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:42 pm
ddtftf wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:04 pm I have a none bias attitude when i post on the site and it is only fair to say well done to the club securing the signature of Hastings .

Agreed, tremendous signing and long overdue that we signed a player of this quality at 7
It’s just a pity that we can’t pair him with Williams. We need to make sure that we have a good pack for him to play behind though.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:24 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:27 am
green of hull and jensen of the cowboys apparently
I’ve heard that, I understand that we are very close to securing a deal and I think that Brian may have an inkling who it is.