Aus Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Aus Prop

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Superb Chops wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:51 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:01 pm
CANBERRA RAIDERS
2020 GAINS
None
OFF CONTRACT 2019
[edit] Bateman...
In a way, surprised not to see Williams listed.

And, if this Bateman fella has a Yorkshire accent: sign him up.
There was a mention on yesterday’s NRL commentary that JB is to get a leave pass! Does that suggest that he is homesick?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Canberra have a bye for the next round. Could well use the two weeks off to visit relatives in the UK
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s on the Wigan Post site today that Bateman has said he is thinking of applying for citizenship and is in talks to extend his Canberra deal.

No surprise. It sounds like Canberra are happy to accommodate his trips back to the UK when they can and that’ll make it easier for him to stay down under.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He was poor yesterday and i think he may be carrying an injury.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Had a very poor match yesterday hardly got involved
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I thought the same( by his high standards)...... hoffman smashed him twice....... his head seemed somewhere else
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Corey jensen being linked in todays Aussy media
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:47 am Corey jensen being linked in todays Aussy media
He's been linked for a while, I can't find much footage of him playing but I don't he's played much for the Cowboys in last year or so. Difficult to tell if he'd make a good signing.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Woody1989 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:12 am
Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:47 am Corey jensen being linked in todays Aussy media
He's been linked for a while, I can't find much footage of him playing but I don't he's played much for the Cowboys in last year or so. Difficult to tell if he'd make a good signing.
Played 18 times for the Cowboys last year, mainly from the bench.
The cowboys signed Josh mcguire before this season started, so Jensen went back in the pecking order.
It's a big ask to get in that Cowboys pack with Mcguire, Matt scott, Jordan Mclean, Taumalolo all in there.
All either state of origin or internationals.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

You would hope that Lam would be well informed about the NRL market. Is the plan to have Clark and Jensen in for Hamlin and T? That sounds a step up in both cases. Plus, Hastings is an improvement on Williams. Bibby for Sarg looks decent business now Hankinson has stepped up. If Smithies and Ollie continue to develop then phasing out becomes much easier.

Maybe 2020 could be ok...