New screen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

New screen

Post by josie andrews »

The new screen is up at the stadium

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... set-for-dw
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Re: New screen

Post by pedro »

looks great
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

High quality bit of kit. Very clear and can be seen from the east stand without half of us having to stand up!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Real improvement to the match experience.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, very welcome! Great to be able to see a replay of tries.

BTW, how long have they changed the shirts away from the gold numbers nobody could see, I only noticed half-way through the second half, did they wear them last week?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:34 pm Yes, very welcome! Great to be able to see a replay of tries.

BTW, how long have they changed the shirts away from the gold numbers nobody could see, I only noticed half-way through the second half, did they wear them last week?
Last week! I never noticed last week!! I found out before the game tonight, a friend asked me was I getting a new shirt with a new number on in black! 😳
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:17 pm Real improvement to the match experience.
Where do you sit Ted? I just saw a comment on Facebook from someone who found it distracting. It's not where I am in the east stand but I can understand it if people are in the south or west stands. I have been to other stadiums to watch different sports with a prominent screen in the line of sight and did find it distracting. It's a bit like having the TV on and trying to have a conversation!

For me though they will just have to get used to it or switch seats. As you say an improvement on the experience.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I think it's great, and long overdue 😊
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:34 pm Yes, very welcome! Great to be able to see a replay of tries.

They did it for the game in Barcelona. They've just been in the away kit or the 1989 special one most games since.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Dave, I sit in the East Stand above the 40 mtr line towards the North Stand.
Thought it was good. No doubt they'll improve it with replays etc as they get used to operating it.
I really can't understand why Dave Whelan never installed a screen like that!