Wigan v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan v Hull KR

Post by fozzieskem »

All too easy in the end KR dire but Wigan professional from the off good to see
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Er... we won?

Has it finally clicked? If so we can be a threat! Acid test next week though
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

We did win again why is so quiet not a murmur on here when we lose 30 page spread.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:34 pm MOM was Faz by a country mile for me.

Good attack, alot less errors than previous weeks, defence still needs work both kr tries were off the set on the back of our errors.
I thought Faz had a great game. Look so much better on the left.

I also thought Hardaker played well at FB.

What was most pleasing about the performance was the enthusiasm. Everyone was up for it. OK maybe it's easy to be when you are battering the other team but when players like Bulluck came on he really went for it.

The defence just before the end of the first half when Narette was in the sin bin was also epic. Included and absolute bell ringer of tackle off Tommy. Left their player staggering a bit.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:33 pm We did win again why is so quiet not a murmur on here when we lose 30 page spread.
Give us a bloody chance to get back from Wigan. ;) I have just walked in, put the beer in the fridge and turned the computer on.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Enjoyed the game cannot fault a Wigan player at all turning point was when Naverette got sinned binned the defense was awesome could have gone the wrong way but defended well. Nice to see the players talking to each other and enjoying the game .
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If clubb is injured we seriously need get clark in asap
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Didn’t see the game but sounds like we put in a good performance, even though it sounds like KR were abit crap.
But at least the team will be buzzing and take in a lot of confidence for the game against saints
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:34 pm MOM was Faz by a country mile for me.

Good attack, alot less errors than previous weeks, defence still needs work both kr tries were off the set on the back of our errors.

I thought more the reverse: I was happy with our defence, we were on their faces the entire 80 mins, and I'm not so bothered about about a late KR try, but although we scored plenty of points, I think our attack still needs work against the better sides. Some of our tries were pretty soft, (Williams) and we still waste too many plays trying to force our way over from dummy-half. Sammut has no pace, but I liked the way he kept his head with two defenders around him, and still managed to find Gildart. All in all, a good confidence-booster for next week.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Was sammut injured? He looked like he was running in 6 foot mud for gillys try and his attempted tackle for there last was horrendous
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE