Wigan v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan v Hull KR

Post by moto748 »

What did Navarette do to get sin-binned; I didn't see it? He been a bit better the last few games.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:28 pm Was sammut injured? He looked like he was running in 6 foot mud for gillys try and his attempted tackle for there last was horrendous
No he wasn't injured. He's just not that fast anymore. A poor man's Matty Bowen if you get my drift but he still made the break and kept his head to pass. The fact Gildart managed to get up in support and take the score was very pleasing. Support play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 pm What did Navarette do to get sin-binned; I didn't see it? He been a bit better the last few games.
Late tackle. Followed through and hit the player after the ball had gone. I'd need to see it again but I thought while a penalty a sin bin was a bit harsh. Touch judge gave it.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

One of those nights when almost everything went right. Sarginson kept flying out of the defensive line and got his man every time. In a bad week he would have been stepped half a dozen times and we would have been baying for his head. Smithies was awesome again but I cannot help but think that we could use him more effectively than as the enforcer in the middle. I imagine him playing further out rather than constantly having to run at their biggest forwards.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Good performance better all round ,a more confident display quicker play the balls quicker away from the truck not giving the opposition the chance to slow us down.

Farrell was my MOM but William's had a good game as did every one really.

Navarrette had his best game this year ,Bullock played like one and the consistency of performance from the two youngsters each week is amazing really.
Every player impressed,now there's no reason why they can't show that level of effort and enthusiasm no matter what happens to the end of the season.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Levrier wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:51 pm One of those nights when almost everything went right. Sarginson kept flying out of the defensive line and got his man every time. In a bad week he would have been stepped half a dozen times and we would have been baying for his head. Smithies was awesome again but I cannot help but think that we could use him more effectively than as the enforcer in the middle. I imagine him playing further out rather than constantly having to run at their biggest forwards.
Agreed. Everything did come off starting with the first try with the one handed pass which was fortunate. One of those nights but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Sarge did fly out of the line and I think I have finally put the handle on why I don't rate him. Paradoxically he just tries too hard. Everything he does seemingly must have some sort of major outcome. He's always hyper up for it. So he shoots out of the line etc.

Hankinson on the other hand already strikes me as more disciplined defensively. He's probably not as fast as Sarge but he won't shoot out of defense and be constantly trying to pull something off.

I hope dropping Hankinson to the bench tonight was tactical as he can cover back row and play centre but if he gets dropped for Sarge completely I think that will come back to bite Lam on the bum against a better team.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:41 pm
moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 pm What did Navarette do to get sin-binned; I didn't see it? He been a bit better the last few games.
Late tackle. Followed through and hit the player after the ball had gone. I'd need to see it again but I thought while a penalty a sin bin was a bit harsh. Touch judge gave it.
I have just seen it back on Wigan TV and my view is the sin bin was VERY harsh.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:13 am
I haven't seen it back but he made a rod for his own back by going over and apologising whilst play continued. He gave himself up.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:06 pm If clubb is injured we seriously need get clark in asap
Why?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bilko wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:27 am
DaveO wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:13 am

I haven't seen it back but he made a rod for his own back by going over and apologising whilst play continued. He gave himself up.
Probably true. It is from my point of view having seen it replayed mistimed rather than attempt to clatter the man off the ball or so late even just being a rubbish tackle meant he had to go. Overreaction by the TJ, IMO.