Halfback pairing 2020 concern

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Halfback pairing 2020 concern

Post by nathan_rugby »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:42 pm A bit left field, but would it be worth trying to put Gildart as a running #6, a position he played quite a bit as a youngster.
Christ. Heard it all now. Absolutely deluded.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mickw wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:43 pm More of a concern for me is Hastings brings player on to the ball ,have we got enough players with the guys and energy to run into em.
Exactly what I am alluding to.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Hastings will be fantastic for us I have no concerns.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

just another possible, would it be totally ridiculous to have Hastings and Escare together ? They'd be a brilliant running threat and possibly burn up and frighten most teams with their pace at HB.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Tommy will be partnering Hastings in 2020.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 am Tommy will be partnering Hastings in 2020.
And if he keeps playing like he is at the moment we should be absolutely fine. Tommy is probably our most underrated player at the moment. The fact that we're creating more tries down our right edge has a lot to do with Leuluai creating overlaps and drawing in defenders. He's playing some of his best rugby for us at the moment.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

EagleEyePie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:35 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 am Tommy will be partnering Hastings in 2020.
And if he keeps playing like he is at the moment we should be absolutely fine. Tommy is probably our most underrated player at the moment. The fact that we're creating more tries down our right edge has a lot to do with Leuluai creating overlaps and drawing in defenders. He's playing some of his best rugby for us at the moment.
Don’t underestimate the influence Powell is now having on our play.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:09 am
I don't. I've been very impressed with Powell's recent form and mentioned on the Powell thread about him drawing in the defence now that he's getting out from dummy half. But I think while Powell's improved form has generated a lot of much needed praise I think Leuluai's creative play has gone under the radar a little more.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I like Samutt but his defense is a real concern for me, we all know what Tommy brings and that's a safer bet at the moment for me.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

EagleEyePie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:35 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:09 am

I don't. I've been very impressed with Powell's recent form and mentioned on the Powell thread about him drawing in the defence now that he's getting out from dummy half. But I think while Powell's improved form has generated a lot of much needed praise I think Leuluai's creative play has gone under the radar a little more.
Agree with you,Tommy has just been doing his job quietly and without fuss,it’s be a shame if he didn’t carry on next year