New screen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oval balls

Re: New screen

Post by oval balls »

Because he didn’t want to pay the money for it
wigans turning blue- my arse

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

oval balls wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 am Because he didn’t want to pay the money for it
or latics dont have replays worth watching lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Whoever was operating the screen was determined for Escare to play!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

AndyNick wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:03 am Whoever was operating the screen was determined for Escare to play!!
So it was josie then???😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

AndyNick wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:03 am Whoever was operating the screen was determined for Escare to play!!
Team pictures where perfect for KR then got our team line up wrong 😂.

The screen looked good quality as well do we know if they can stream it to wigan tv as that would be a way to get more fans watching.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It’s a belting screen,not really a fan of them in grounds but the new is well placed and crystal clear,credit to the dw for getting it in place.
Hanley the God!

Post by Hanley the God! »

Great addition. Now just need some TV screens above the bars so I don't miss 20 mins action getting my pint pulled by the slowest bar tenders in Super League 🍺🍺🍺😀😀
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

When a game has been on Sky and decisions go to the screen, either I have to stand up at a precarious angle nearly falling into the people in front of me in the east stand to see the screen around everyone stood up around me, or just sit there and wait for the cheers / boos to work out the outcome. The new screen is at a much better height and really top quality. Well done to the club for ensuring my safety from now on.
Hanley the God!

Post by Hanley the God! »

Excellent screen! All we need now as the whole game is being video'd are some smaller screens above the bars so I don't miss 20 mins of the game whilst waiting to be served by the slowest bar tenders in Super League 🍺🍺😀 😀
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:45 pm
moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:34 pm Yes, very welcome! Great to be able to see a replay of tries.

BTW, how long have they changed the shirts away from the gold numbers nobody could see, I only noticed half-way through the second half, did they wear them last week?
Last week! I never noticed last week!! I found out before the game tonight, a friend asked me was I getting a new shirt with a new number on in black! 😳
I'm glad it's not just me, Josie! :lol:

As for the screen, I was actually unsure who was behind it (and paid for it) Was it the DW stadium company, the Latics, or the Warriors? Somebody was saying at the game that it was "for the football", but I don't know whether that was right or not.

Either way, it is very welcome, and certainly improves the match-day experience no end.