FINALLY Hastings is official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

FINALLY Hastings is official

Post by Firestarter »

IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Re: FINALLY Hastings is official

Post by Firestarter »

Better late than never i suppose...... now hopefully we will make some signings we dont know about lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

And Williams is leaving.

So ideally we still need another half back given Tommy and Sammut aren't getting any younger.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:37 pm And Williams is leaving.

So ideally we still need another half back given Tommy and Sammut aren't getting any younger.
As part of the release agreement, Wigan Warriors can confirm that they have first refusal for George Williams’ services should he return to the Betfred Super League once his time in the NRL has come to an end.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Always look on the bright side of life....?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:48 pm

Always look on the bright side of life....?
So I take it you don't think we need bother looking and Tommy can go around again and Summat will fit into a team with Hastings?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:40 pm

As part of the release agreement, Wigan Warriors can confirm that they have first refusal for George Williams’ services should he return to the Betfred Super League once his time in the NRL has come to an end.
Yes I saw that but what has it got to do with how partners hastings next season?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:40 pm

Yes I saw that but what has it got to do with how partners hastings next season?
Because with Leuluai playing on it is more than likely he will partner Hastings no matter who or what you would like. When Hastings leaves to return to the NRL in a year's time, there is a remote possibility it will be for Wiliams returning if he fails to impress
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I don’t think there is anything more to say regarding Hastings it’s all been said for the previous 2 months.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Hastings may only stick around for a year, but that's a year of one of the best halves in Super League over the last couple of years and a year in which we can look for another suitable half if necessary.

If you look at some of highly rated players that clubs sign you aren't always guaranteed to be able to keep them for very long regardless of the contract they sign. The better the player the more likely it is that they will be snared by an NRL side.

Next year it looks like we'll have Hastings, Leuluai, Sammut, Shorrocks, Woods and Smith to fight for places in the halves, unless any are allowed to leave. Hopefully that's enough competition and depth for us.