record

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oldtimer

Re: record

Post by oldtimer »

i was at the saints match and there were seats empty on EVERY row in the corners so ask yourself how many seats?lets cut out the MY DAD IS BIGGER THAN YOURS tell the truth and stop trying to make us out asfools [[television pictures dont lie] :wink: :wink:
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

oldtimer posted:
i was at the saints match and there were seats empty on EVERY row in the corners so ask yourself how many seats?lets cut out the MY DAD IS BIGGER THAN YOURS tell the truth and stop trying to make us out asfools [[television pictures dont lie] :wink: :wink:
There were not empty seats on every row as I went to the bottom of the east stand just after kick off to see if there where to empty seats next to each other so I could sit with my girlfriend but we couldn't find any the there was the odd empty one but not mass amount which you seem to be describing.

I can say that there were a lot of empty seats in the west stand but that's usually due to the fact it cost more to go in that stand.

I don't think we should make a big deal out of attendances, we complain when the official attendance is to low saying we had more, then complain when it's high saying we didn't have that many.

It is extremely rare that there are no empty seats in a stadium even at FA Cup finals some people can't make it and there seat is left empty.

If attendance figures bother you then maybe you should count every fan if you feel you are being lied to.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

As has been mentioned before, there's also the fact that season tickets seats are always counted as sold, even if they're not occupied...makes sense since they are already paid for and can't be re-sold.

Theoretically, there could be 10,000 empty seats, yet the ground could still be officially "full"
superleague

Post by superleague »

look at the attendance it says 25,004 and theres nothing anyone can do or take that away from us so this conversation well theres no point the attendance was 25,004 and whoever thinks it was less well tough deal with it.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
As has been mentioned before, there's also the fact that season tickets seats are always counted as sold, even if they're not occupied...makes sense since they are already paid for and can't be re-sold.

Theoretically, there could be 10,000 empty seats, yet the ground could still be officially "full"
Do they not count the number of people going through the gates, opposed to ticket sales, as at most games people can pay on the gate. I know season ticket holders go through separate turnstiles but it'd make sense to count the attendance by a single means rather than using different methods. Having said that if it's an all ticket game it'd be simpler to count total ticket sales.

We'd get a higher attendance if they made the North and South stands reserved seating because this limits the capacity for health and safety reasons (risk of crushing). Does anyone know the official attendance when we played Australia there in 2004 (when we won!)?
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

pie eaters posted:
The attendance for that match which we won 24-12 was 25,004 and the stats say it was capacity
It's 25,100 this year
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

adrenalinxx posted:
South Stand = 5400 seats
North Stand = 5400 seats
East Stand = 8178 seats
West Stand = 6022 seats.

Offical Capacity 25,000

Thats from last year, the capacity has been increase by 100 by adding more seats to th east stand, or so I have been told.

The ground capacity is actually more than the physical amount of seats, because it does not take into account the disabled areas or the boxes at the top of the west stand. Thats why we got 25,004 even though some seat where empty.
Confused as to how they have added extra seats to the East, when row A has been removed!
Spoke to one of the stewards at the Australia match and was tols an extra row had been put in at the back of the stand to allow for the front row being taken out (which I'm still on my soapbox about).
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Well for Wigan Athletic vs Manchester City the where expecting 25,100 but only got 25,017 so obvioulsy they have added more seats somewhere else.

I think the front row was removed due to premeir league safty rules but as far as i can see the front row could be put back in for big rugby games like St Helens so expect even bigger attendances.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

pie eaters posted:
Crushing???? Why, Have you been crushed at a recent Wigan game?
No, because they limit the number of people allowed into the North and South stands to prevent it. If they allowed the exact number of people into the South Stand as there were seats then you'd end up with hunderds of people stood there looking for single seats for them and their little lad and lass to sit in and would cause havoc.

If they allocated a specific seat for each and every spectator then the attendance would be greater at sell outs. At Saints at home last season it was clear from the East Stand that there were plenty of empty seats around the edges of the South and North stands.