Hull FC sign Parramatta Eels powerhouse Manu Ma'u

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull FC sign Parramatta Eels powerhouse Manu Ma'u

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC have secured the exciting signing of Parramatta Eels back-row forward Manu Ma'u on a two-year contract.

The aggressive second-rower is FC's biggest name yet confirmed for next season and follows Mahe Fonua in swapping the NRL for Super League and the KCOM Stadium next year.

A close friend of current FC second-rower Sika Manu and also a fellow Tongan and New Zealand international, the 30-year-old forward is expected to take Manu's place in the Hull side next season.

Having spent the last six years at the Eels, Ma'u will arrive with an impressive record that sees him average an sizeable 117 metres a game across his NRL career, with this season's average currently standing at 126m.

A hard-nosed forward with good footwork, the former Kiwi international has been a long-term target for FC coach Lee Radford, who has continued his squad rebuild for next year with a significant recruit.

Joining Fonua, Adam Swift and Josh Jones as new faces for next season, FC are also set to add New Zealand Warriors prop Ligi Sao to their squad.

I’ve read so much about Super League and about Hull FC itself, particularly about the passionate fans over there, so I can’t wait to make the move.

“It’s taken a couple of months to get over the line. My manager kept telling me there was interest from the club so it took me a bit of time to make the decision, speaking to my wife and family to think about what was best for me.

"Having a young family with a wife and three kids, it was important they were happy with the decision, and they were. We’re all thrilled.

“I’m at a stage now where I want to challenge myself overseas and move out of my comfort zone. Hull have given me that chance.

“I’ve spoken to a few players I know well about the club. I keep up with Mahe Fonua from my time playing for Tonga, as well as Sika Manu and Bureta Faraimo who I know too, and they couldn’t speak highly enough about the club. That made me only more eager to join the club.”

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ls-3068815
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Re: Hull FC sign Parramatta Eels powerhouse Manu Ma'u

Post by nathan_rugby »

What a signing.

Hull FC building a great team for next year.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, he could be really good for them. We desperately need to see some ambition from SL clubs.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC not done with recruitment as Lee Radford says there's more to come

The FC coach is delighted with the business done so far but isn't finished

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... on-3074263
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan