Fletcher back in training

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Fletcher back in training

Post by adrenalinxx »

On BBCI it say that Bryan Fletcher has already returned to training and could possily be ready for the first game of the season.
cpwigan

Re: Fletcher back in training

Post by cpwigan »

That contradicts an interview with him in the Wigan Evening Post. He lost 20lb in weight and cannot do any weights etc for several weeks. He talked about March etc as a return.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

adrenalinxx posted:
On BBCI it say that Bryan Fletcher has already returned to training and could possily be ready for the first game of the season.
According to official web site, he has been given all clear from cancer scare and will still be out for 2-3 months.
Think the important thing now is for the fans to get behind hin and wish him well.
I know we've had other players out long term, but put yourself in his shoes. New to the team, new to the country and probably just got over the biggest scare of his life. Bryan, if you are reading this, get well soon and get ready for the biggest roar you've ever heard when you finally take to the pitch at the JJB!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
superleague

Re: Fletcher back in train...

Post by superleague »

just reading what it says on the bbc website and says he will miss about 10 games it also says rads will miss the first 4 games but nothing of hock dont know if this is good or bad.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Over on rlfans there are reports of an interview with Fletcher on BBC GMR and he expects to miss around four games.

He has resumed light training, swimming and bike riding.

So some tim in March sounds about right.

Dave
mstiggy

Post by mstiggy »

FULL ARTICLE FROM W.E.P.

Recovering Fletcher relives scare
New Wigan Warriors recruit Bryan Fletcher has admitted it was 'touch and go' after he was rushed into hospital for emergency surgery on a blocked bowel.

The former Australian Test forward had part of his small intestine removed at Wigan Royal Infirmary when he was suddenly taken ill shortly after arriving in this country.
Fletcher, 31, is now
recovering well – he should be allowed home tomorrow –
but admits the sudden on-set of the medical problem
frightened him.
He said: "The pain was unbelievable. It was very scary when it happened.
"It was touch and go there for a while. But I'm doing fine now and would like to thank everyone at the club and the hospital for looking after me."
Fletcher – the former captain of South Sydney – was taken to hospital complaining of severe stomach cramps on New Year's Day, leaving his pregnant wife Britt at home looking after their baby daughter and fearing what was happening to her husband.
She said: "Bryan was suffering from severe cramping.
"We knew something was wrong so we went straight to hospital. It's as scary as it gets."
Doctors rushed Fletcher into surgery for an emergency operation on a blocked bowel, a potentially life-threatening condition.
His wife added: "We've only been here a month and it was pretty hard to deal with, especially with no family or friends around.
"I'm also five months pregnant, with a baby already at home, so it's been a lot to deal with. I thank God he's going to be all right. We're so lucky that he's not a heavy drinker or smoker."
Fletcher's manager Steve Gillis has been in constant contact with his client and said the back row forward is well down the road to recovery.
He said: "It was an extremely worrying situation for a while – Bryan said he had never felt pain like it.
"Fortunately his problem was diagnosed correctly."
Gillis added Wigan had done everything possible to ensure Fletcher received the best possible treatment.
"Bryan says the club couldn't have been more
professional and now looks forward to getting back on to the pitch as soon as possible."
Wigan chairman Maurice Lindsay wished his big
off-season signing a swift recovery.
He said: "Our only concern is Bryan recovers as quickly as possible.
"Everyone at the club and all Wigan fans wish him well."

GOOD LUCK BRIAN GET WELL SOON
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What worried me was that the hospital sent him back out the first time he went. Had he not persisted we could have seen a death.
willie c

Post by willie c »

cpwigan posted:
What worried me was that the hospital sent him back out the first time he went. Had he not persisted we could have seen a death.
seems about right how many times do we read stuff like that but sadly they dont get a second chance hospitals and doctors seem to be a bit quick at sending people home with tablets
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

willie c posted:
cpwigan posted:
seems about right how many times do we read stuff like that but sadly they dont get a second chance hospitals and doctors seem to be a bit quick at sending people home with tablets
I didn't even get any tablets at the end of my 3 day stay in hospital last week. They said "we don't know what's wrong with you despite lots of tests, x-rays, scans etc, but you say the pain is going away so you can go home now although we can't give you anything because we don't know what's wrong so we don't know what drugs would be appropriate!". I don't know if I'm worried or not that they don't know what the problem was, although I guess I'm a bit concerned that whatever it was could come back again. Having said that, I didn't really want to stay in there any longer than necessary.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
willie c

Post by willie c »

i think i would be worried if i was you bad enough not knowing whats wrong youself but when the hospital says it that doesnt help put your mind at rest does it
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra