19-man squad vs St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: 19-man squad vs St Helens

Post by Mickw »

Sammut came on last week and promptly let HKR in for a try with a very poor attempted tackle,lam can't trust him .
Picking shorrocks was still a very strange ca.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mickw wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:07 pm Sammut came on last week and promptly let HKR in for a try with a very poor attempted tackle,lam can't trust him .
Picking shorrocks was still a very strange call.
He was poor against KR,I wonder if given he does have talent,we are beginning to see why he hasn’t been a top flight player throughout his career?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ide release him and shorrocks and bring in another quality half next season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Or tommy...... defo 2 of the 3
PGH1449

Post by PGH1449 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:52 pm Or tommy...... defo 2 of the 3
Neither are capable of giving us anything like the standard that Tommy gives us. If he feels he can do another season, Leuluai is the one to keep.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

As a team, the club needs Leuluai and Lockers and Clubb to play on, simply because of the experience they bring.

The fact we are dragging the day when they all decide to call it quits at the same time closer and closer and we appear to have no idea or plan on how to replace them or with whom

We have already re-signed Clubb (against my better judgement) We should NOT have both Leuluai & O'Loughlin going around again. It has to be one or the other and recruitment completed to replace the one that leaves.

As for Shorrocks, I've never seen anything from him to suggest he is Super League quality despite the mediocre pack we have right now. Talking to some Leigh fans they say if they achieve Sl status then they would need to recruit "better players" than they currently have - that includes Josh Woods. That tells you all you need to know about his chances at Wigan and we are still keeping hold of these players who simply are not good enough
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

PGH1449 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:01 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:52 pm Or tommy...... defo 2 of the 3
Neither are capable of giving us anything like the standard that Tommy gives us. If he feels he can do another season, Leuluai is the one to keep.
I agree but ide rather have a half with a good kicking game
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Tommy should be at hooker, Powell on the bench or not in the squad.
Tommy is the fitter of the older ones and with less interchanges the most obvious one to keep on, oloughlin and clubb are now passengers and cant afford that now
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Tommy still looks pretty good and has done all season,Clubb I feel has seen his best days so that leaves Lockers at some point the nettle has to be grasped but not this season,so for me I’d have gone with Tommy and Lockers but the Clubb as we know is staying so I think we will be back here again next summer talking about the same thing
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The player we should have let go is Burgess. The money spent on him would be much better spent on a big forward. If either of Davies or Dom recovers we won’t need him. We are after all only his NRL safety mat.