Props

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Props

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:45 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 am
medlocke wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:46 pm
We are paying his wages not to play so the club might be thinking it's worth it to get him away and bring in a much needed prop, From the sounds of it he has a shitty attitude so Lam might not be wanting him around the squad
Where do you get this from?
Been said quite a lot on this forum hasn't it.

No smoke without fire I think.
Exactly, I've read it more than once on here and on the other site
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 am

Where do you get this from?

But it could all be fans adding 2+2 =5!

There is so much tittle tattle goes on about players, coaches etc, unless they are actually privy to what is going on in camp, that is all it is, tittle tattle!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:03 am

There is so much tittle tattle goes on about players, coaches etc, unless they are actually privy to what is going on in camp, that is all it is, tittle tattle!
The person that most of it has come from is in contact with the players on a regular basis with his work, If a player is refusing to train then he has a shitty attitude, the end
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

medlocke wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:24 am

The person that most of it has come from is in contact with the players on a regular basis with his work, If a player is refusing to train then he has a shitty attitude, the end
Looks like he is training to me on these photos.

https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/sta ... 6360470528
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Warrior20 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:49 am

Nah,working on his tan I think😆✌️

That said it’s time he accepted under Lam he simply won’t get a game and find a club where he can get a game,it’s too short a career to be sleepwalking in the shadow of a coach who doesn’t rate you
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Nah,working on his tan I think😆✌️

That said it’s time he accepted under Lam he simply won’t get a game and find a club where he can get a game,it’s too short a career to be sleepwalking in the shadow of a coach who doesn’t rate you
I'm sure he will leave in the off season. It's a shame, I think he is a really good useful player but clearly he doesn't fit into Lam's plans.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Unfortunately I don't think this one is the case. Seems to be some truth in it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Warrior20 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:49 am

At the time he wasn't turning up to training which coincided with the driving crack, Only repeating what had bee stated at that time
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Escare might not fit in with Lam's plans but who's plans does Lam fit into? With only a one year extension it appears to me he's got the early part of 2020 for the team to start winning. If that doesn't happen then the club could well start looking for a new coach.

As for props and this being the rumours place. There is certainty over Clark from Cas, It does seem that Chris Green could be here in 2020 if not before and there were rumours on the other board that we'd signed Ben Matolino. If those three are here next year then we are ok for props.
Next year we have the reserves and with Partington, Byrne, Havard and Kibula probably being the 2nd string props then should the first team be short then the promotion from reserves to first team should be seamless.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I agree with Wiganer Ted that three new props would be a step forward for the squad. At the moment, as you say, we've definitely got Clark and if we do then 'only' secure Green I'm not certain how much of an improvement that is on Tautai (at his best?) and Gabe. Given that Clubby and Ben are unlikely to be playing more games over the next couple of season (they're both starting to show the wear and tear of many years of playing), a third, well established prop would be a positive. There are some promising young lads coming through but, let's be honest, you can't expect 19-20 year olds to be anything more than temporary replacements when the older blokes are injured/rested. If Partington, Byrne, Kibula and Havard ever become first choice first team players it won't be next season and may not even be the following season.