Props

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Props

Post by DaveO »

stanthemanc wrote:Who’s green
Chris Green, Hull FC prop? If so he’s 30 years old, 17 stone, 6ft 3 inches tall. Did his Achilles in 2018.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Why can't we sign a younger prop, say 25/26 with his best years ahead of him?

Or even Dan Murray, a Wigan lad, on loan at HKR from Salford? Although I can't understand why Salford keep putting him out on loan? 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 am Why can't we sign a younger prop, say 25/26 with his best years ahead of him?

Or even Dan Murray, a Wigan lad, on loan at HKR from Salford? Although I can't understand why Salford keep putting him out on loan? 🤔
You just advocated the attempt to re-sign Hock on the Hock tretirement thread. Whilst I am completely uninspired by our recruitment, other than Hastings, Green has played in Super League regularly, is 5 years younger and is performs to a higher standard than Hock between 33-34 years of age which is when I assume we made the attepmt.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Zakooo

Post by Zakooo »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Zakooo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:07 pm Escare won’t play again unless he does a lot of grovelling. When told he was not in the team in Spain he told the coach to f@@@ @ff.
Where do you get this sh*te from? 🤔And you've gone off topic!
Off topic, half the topic is about escare . Not sh*te - fact. If you don’t want to believe it don’t.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:41 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 am Why can't we sign a younger prop, say 25/26 with his best years ahead of him?

You just advocated the attempt to re-sign Hock on the Hock tretirement thread. Whilst I am completely uninspired by our recruitment, other than Hastings, Green has played in Super League regularly, is 5 years younger and is performs to a higher standard than Hock between 33-34 years of age which is when I assume we made the attepmt.
I didn't advocate signing Hock! I said it was a "gesture" from Rads not that he should have gone through with it!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Zakooo wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:32 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Zakooo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:07 pm Escare won’t play again unless he does a lot of grovelling. When told he was not in the team in Spain he told the coach to f@@@ @ff.
Where do you get this sh*te from? 🤔And you've gone off topic!
Off topic, half the topic is about escare . Not sh*te - fact. If you don’t want to believe it don’t.
Apologies about the "off topic" remark. I still don't believe the other comment.

Although this is the rumours section & lots of sh*te does get spouted 😂
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Why not Amor?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:14 am Why not Amor?
He was rumoured last year for us wasn't he? Slipped down the pecking order with Walmsley & Thompson.

He's 32
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I hadn’t realised he was that old. I also like Green, from what I have seen of him. Radford likes his props to be naturally big and direct, which is what we lack. I wonder whether Wane had a preference for bulked up second rowers because that was what he was as a player, while Radford goes for naturally big lads as they fit his mould...
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:05 pm I hadn’t realised he was that old. I also like Green, from what I have seen of him. Radford likes his props to be naturally big and direct, which is what we lack. I wonder whether Wane had a preference for bulked up second rowers because that was what he was as a player, while Radford goes for naturally big lads as they fit his mould...
Wane was a prop forward shirt number 10 😊