Hull KR missed chance

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Marathonman

Hull KR missed chance

Post by Marathonman »

78 minutes on clock hull KR decide to kick short in usual style kick which involves a bit of basket ball, all giants players run to corner, so a massive gap was left bang on centre line, I am surprised john wells did not pick it up in his analysis at end of game, I am 52 years young & I could have kicked a ball 10 yards straight, sorry hull kR you bombed it
Mickw

Re: Hull KR missed chance

Post by Mickw »

I don't think hull rovers will be overly happy with stains putting out their kids team against London and losing by 20points, the wigan haters would be out in force if we'd done that in their position.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Mickw wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:13 pm I don't think hull rovers will be overly happy with stains putting out their kids team against London and losing by 20points, the wigan haters would be out in force if we'd done that in their position.
Goes back to the structure of the league arguement - saints could in theory do this whenever they chose - they will finish top 2 doesnt matter which position they play if they wanted they could seriously manipulate the relegation battle along with wire
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Mickw wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:13 pm I don't think hull rovers will be overly happy with stains putting out their kids team against London and losing by 20points, the wigan haters would be out in force if we'd done that in their position.
Goes back to the structure of the league arguement - saints could in theory do this whenever they chose - they will finish top 2 doesnt matter which position they play if they wanted they could seriously manipulate the relegation battle along with wire
Does it really go back to the structure of the league argument? I don't think it does at all.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:03 pm
Does it really go back to the structure of the league argument? I don't think it does at all.
It does becuase if the league was won by who finished tops teams couldn't throw games away
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:18 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:03 pm

It does becuase if the league was won by who finished tops teams couldn't throw games away
Saints are so far ahead it doesn't matter what rule is in place they would have still done the same.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Isnt recalling your 2 players days before the game exactly what Warrington have done to KR? Manipulated the game.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

At the end of the day, those clubs in the relegation zone haven't picked up enough points in the League all season, it's hardly Saints' fault. They should have performed better with their results, then it's not an issue for any other teams but themselves.
We all know that with the current format, and we've done it ourselves lets not forget, that you need to manage your season on a week to week basis, and this year (so far !) Saints have done it better than anyone else. Don't blame them for a team selection that gives opportunities to some Academy players which will help and benefit them in the long run. Also that team that went to London had several players with International experience and their bench was strong enough.
Not enough people are giving give credit to London.
Wigan_forever1985

Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:46 pm At the end of the day, those clubs in the relegation zone haven't picked up enough points in the League all season, it's hardly Saints' fault. They should have performed better with their results, then it's not an issue for any other teams but themselves.
We all know that with the current format, and we've done it ourselves lets not forget, that you need to manage your season on a week to week basis, and this year (so far !) Saints have done it better than anyone else. Don't blame them for a team selection that gives opportunities to some Academy players which will help and benefit them in the long run. Also that team that went to London had several players with International experience and their bench was strong enough.
Not enough people are giving give credit to London.
I agree with you in terms of i would of suggested Wigan do the same in their position - however i personally think this is why the structure needs to change. Teams shouldnt be managing their way through a season to peak for 2 games at the end, the fans want to see every game matter.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

But 'W1985', you would automatically have to manage your season better to get into a position to play and win 2 matches at the end, wouldn't you ?
Remember, we went undefeated for the last 10 or 11 games wasn't it, to then go on and win the GF ?