George Burgess

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Woody1989

George Burgess

Post by Woody1989 »

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/george ... -1-9896195

I'm amazed, we've actually made a move for him.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: George Burgess

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Woody1989 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:45 pm https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/george ... -1-9896195

Would be a huge signing if it comes to pass certainly exactly the type of signing the fans need the cynic in me says this talk is coming out around season ticket renewal time
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:48 pm
Woody1989 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:45 pm https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/george ... -1-9896195

Would be a huge signing if it comes to pass certainly exactly the type of signing the fans need the cynic in me says this talk is coming out around season ticket renewal time
True, no doubt there's stiff competition for him as well. Definitely what we need to bolster the pack, fingers crossed this comes off.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Stops thinking the balls a bar of soap and we’ve got a cracking prop.
Clark, bibby, hastings, Burgess and maybe french would get my faith back for IL and KR if all of its true.
Still shy of a hooker but that would be definitely be an improvement on recruitment
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:12 pm Stops thinking the balls a bar of soap and we’ve got a cracking prop.
Clark, bibby, hastings, Burgess and maybe french would get my faith back for IL and KR if all of its true.
Still shy of a hooker but that would be definitely be an improvement on recruitment
Would a Hooker be needed if Powell keeps on improving like he is, I was no fan of his under Waney but to be fair he is currently playing some good rugby league football
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Barney841 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:12 pm Stops thinking the balls a bar of soap and we’ve got a cracking prop.
Would a Hooker be needed if Powell keeps on improving like he is, I was no fan of his under Waney but to be fair he is currently playing some good rugby league
I was no fan of his either (quite the opposite actually) but he has improved massively under Lam.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Great to see us actually making a serious effort to make such a singing. The type of signing we used to make years ago, well done to all concerned. If we get George he'll be a real season ticket booster and he's a real monster of a player.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Would a Hooker be needed if Powell keeps on improving like he is, I was no fan of his under Waney but to be fair he is currently playing some good rugby league football
The only side of his game ever in doubt has been his ability to run the ball. He’s now doing that on the back of a front row that sometimes struggles to punch holes in defences. Bring in George Burgess to play with Clark, Bullock, Flower etc and we’d see further improvements due to the space they’d buy the likes of Powell. I’d be loathed to sign a hooker with Burrouh and Roden waiting in the wings also. I like the pair of them and them working under Powell is a good thing for me.
Wes

Post by Wes »

medlocke wrote:

Couldn’t agree more, turning into a cracking player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think this would be a game changing signing for us. Great to see how widely this has been reported, and that even the coach has commented on it. Bring it on. As ever with recruitment, it is only when you have the full picture that you know if we are in credit or not.

If we end up with...

INs - Hastings Burgess Clark Bibby French

OUTs - Williams Tautai Hamlin Sarg various young lads

Plus, the emergence as stars of the very near future of Smithies, Partington, Byrne and Havard.

I would be delighted with that as a proposition.