Win it?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Win it?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Anyone else feel like we are going to win it this year. I feel like we are starting to be that team that find a way to win games even when we haven't played well. Wire will bottle it, everyone but saints are sketchy - i think if we got the GF we could beat Saints. I think its harder for a free flowing team like saints to win at old trafford - if we can carry the level of dog weve shown recently we are in with a chance.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Re: Win it?

Post by Barney841 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 am Anyone else feel like we are going to win it this year. I feel like we are starting to be that team that find a way to win games even when we haven't played well. Wire will bottle it, everyone but saints are sketchy - i think if we got the GF we could beat Saints. I think its harder for a free flowing team like saints to win at old trafford - if we can carry the level of dog weve shown recently we are in with a chance.
I se what you mean, we have started to play a lot better especially the defence the other night. This is with all the injuries we’ve had this season.
I still think saints are the better side though(hate to say it), with their pack and the way they play.
If we got to the final and played saints anyone can win on the day granted but I think we would need abit of rain to slow their play down.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I don’t think Wigan will win it I think Saints will win Holbrook going will be a factor for them,as for Wigan it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t upset apple carts along the way but I think it’s just out of the clubs reach this year.
Wigan_forever1985

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:36 am I don’t think Wigan will win it I think Saints will win Holbrook going will be a factor for them,as for Wigan it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t upset apple carts along the way but I think it’s just out of the clubs reach this year.
Logic tells me you are correct, but i dont know i just feel like we are the team no one will want to get come the end of the year. Weve got that muscle memory of winning trophies recently which is for whatever reason ill never know very important.

Couple of the young kids, partington and Smithies in particular have brought a bit of bite back in defence we look like we are hunting again and hurting teams. Partington really got under the skin of some of the senior Hull players
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Saints will bottle it, Warrington are pretenders, Wigan will be triumphant
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:26 pm Saints will bottle it, Warrington are pretenders, Wigan will be triumphant
If we keep a fit squad and dont risk any 50/50 players we can defo win it....... our defence is still the best when its big game time and we seem too be a very fit team again, all of a sudden......ive got a sneaky feeling we might just finish second as well
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
saintnickle

Post by saintnickle »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:42 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:26 pm Saints will bottle it, Warrington are pretenders, Wigan will be triumphant
If we keep a fit squad and dont risk any 50/50 players we can defo win it....... our defence is still the best when its big game time and we seem too be a very fit team again, all of a sudden......ive got a sneaky feeling we might just finish second as well
The thing is Wigan cant afford to rest any players as there are 4 teams around them in Cats,Salford ,Cas and Hull who are also fighting for 3rd ,4th ,and 5th.And as for Wigans defence being the best i think Saints and Warrington have a much better defense and attack this season.Last season was different as you had the second best team in the league with better players than this.This season you are the 4th best.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Im not sure.....

We are giving away to many easy points (hull game and penalties) and we have failed every Acid test this season.

I was using the Warrington game to judge our chances but without Austin i dont think the result either way shows out play of chances.

But no one expected Catalan to win the challenge cup!!!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The Hull win was most probably the highest profile win of our season.

Until we beat Saints or Warrington, which we haven't done yet, I am not sure we have it in us. Especially now since losing Lockers.

Do we have the ability to manage games properly? Know when to take risks, when not to ? When to kick early, when to kick late? When to slow play down, when to try and get a roll on.

All of the above is needed to beat Saints and Wire.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:17 pm Im not sure.....

We are giving away to many easy points (hull game and penalties) and we have failed every Acid test this season.

I was using the Warrington game to judge our chances but without Austin i dont think the result either way shows out play of chances.

But no one expected Catalan to win the challenge cup!!!
I know what you mean but i just have this gut feeling the "better" teams will come unstuck against us when it matters most. I may be just stuck with cherry and white tinted glasses on here but i genuinely believe we are the team that has the momentum at the moment and weve been there and done it weve competed in 5 of the last 6 GF and won 2 in that time.

I dont know whether the recent signings and buzz around the club has just reignited my optimism but i think we are in a really good position to come away with something this year