Win it?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Win it?

Post by No straw damn us »

I was at Fairfield hospital yesterday and the nurse asked if I had any allergies. I replied "Only Saints fans" I knew her and her family and knew they were.

We just laughed and she said "I'm dreading Wigan getting to the Grand Final and playing Saints, it could ruin our season"
jobo

Post by jobo »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:07 pm I was at Fairfield hospital yesterday and the nurse asked if I had any allergies. I replied "Only Saints fans" I knew her and her family and knew they were.

We just laughed and she said "I'm dreading Wigan getting to the Grand Final and playing Saints, it could ruin our season"
Let's hope so 😄😄😄
saintnickle

Post by saintnickle »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:59 am
medlocke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:50 am
saintnickle wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:42 am I suppose it depends on if you play rugby against us or Thugby.The way the playoffs are this year means that finishing top gives you a massive advantage and 2 bites at the cherry,whereas finishing 4th or 5th you are playing 3 games of knockout rugby with most games away from home.Last year even though we were the best team by far we limped into the playoffs and looked jaded.We wont make the same mistake this time and whoever we come up against will have be at their best to compete
:lol: :lol: :lol: Biggest bottlers of the decade :lol: :lol: :lol:
hes in dreamland meds....... anybody who believes in father christmas must be
You just concentrate on making it into the top 5..The last 6 times weve played you weve won 5 lost 1..
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

saintnickle wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:04 pm

You just concentrate on making it into the top 5..The last 6 times weve played you weve won 5 lost 1..

but you lost the one that mattered...… the super 8's fixture when it was the final hurdle!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

saintnickle wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:04 pm

you may have won the last 5 games but in the last 5 years youve not won a trophy and we've won 2 so shushhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

saintnickle wrote:I suppose it depends on if you play rugby against us or Thugby.The way the playoffs are this year means that finishing top gives you a massive advantage and 2 bites at the cherry,whereas finishing 4th or 5th you are playing 3 games of knockout rugby with most games away from home.Last year even though we were the best team by far we limped into the playoffs and looked jaded.We wont make the same mistake this time and whoever we come up against will have be at their best to compete
Been noticably tailing off the last few week. Just like last year!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
saintnickle

Post by saintnickle »

Mike wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:36 pm
saintnickle wrote:I suppose it depends on if you play rugby against us or Thugby.The way the playoffs are this year means that finishing top gives you a massive advantage and 2 bites at the cherry,whereas finishing 4th or 5th you are playing 3 games of knockout rugby with most games away from home.Last year even though we were the best team by far we limped into the playoffs and looked jaded.We wont make the same mistake this time and whoever we come up against will have be at their best to compete
Been noticably tailing off the last few week. Just like last year!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Really,,and what do you base that on??Our last 6 games won 5 lost 1.Those 5 weve won weve hammered Wigan Warrington and Hull..
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:41 am
DaveO wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 am
The big game mentality issue can always play a part but it can only take you so far if you have injuries and we are very thin in the pack so for us to win I think the wheels will have to come off other teams in the 5 and I don't just mean Saints.
DaveO we are in 4th place after an poor season start with no real pack!!! The wire game will show us if we stand a chance of the finals but out very thin pack has stood up to the plate in recent weeks.

Sure we arnt smashing through lines in attack but they also are not be rolled by the opposition.
How many times has our pack dominated v Wire and Saints and how many games v them have we won?

In the playoffs now it is top five we have to beat all the teams above us playing away from home.

If we have Clubb, Flower and Greenwood fit (how many times has that happened this season) along with Faz we stand a chance and we will have an even better chance with a bit of luck if a few of our opponents are missing a player or two as we have been but it's all a bit of a lottery as I said in my previous post. We need all our players fit IMO.
Flash

Post by Flash »

There's no doubt that's true Dave. We definitely need some respite from the injuries. However there's 2 months to the playoffs and final and, in that time, two of our main rivals have a CC final to play. Wire have already lost Austin and there's no word yet for how long. It would only take Saints to lose a couple of their big players to radically alter the landscape and there's a lot of tough games before the final. Anything is possible yet.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Flash wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:23 pm There's no doubt that's true Dave. We definitely need some respite from the injuries. However there's 2 months to the playoffs and final and, in that time, two of our main rivals have a CC final to play. Wire have already lost Austin and there's no word yet for how long. It would only take Saints to lose a couple of their big players to radically alter the landscape and there's a lot of tough games before the final. Anything is possible yet.
If saints lose Coote it would weaken then a lot
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure