19-man squad vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-man squad vs Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names 19-man squad to face Hull KR on Friday in the Betfred Super League.

Three changes as Ben Flower, Joe Greenwood and new signing Bevan French come in for Sean O’Loughlin, Jake Shorrocks and Chris Hankinson.

Wigan Warriors vs Hull Kingston Rovers, Friday 9th August, DW Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.
Wigan Warriors Head Coach Adrian Lam has named the 19-man squad to face Hull KR this Friday at the DW Stadium (K.O. 7:45pm).

The Warriors will host the Robins for the second time this season when they welcome Tony Smith’s side on Friday night.

Rovers will hope for a better result than their last visit to the DW Stadium, when Wigan strolled to a 52-10 win.

Lam’s side are aiming for their third win over KR in 2019.

Team News

Speaking to the media earlier this week, Lam confirmed that new signing Bevan French would be available for selection for Friday’s game. Read his match preview HERE.

Injury News

On Monday, the Club announced that captain Sean O’Loughlin, who suffered a pectoral injury last week in Wigan’s 15-14 victory over Hull FC, could return to action before the end of the season. However, the loose forward is ruled out for selection this week. Learn more HERE.

The Cherry and White ranks are bolstered this week with the return of two experienced forwards in the shape of Ben Flower and Joe Greenwood. Flower has been out of action following a back injury sustained in Wigan’s 19-18 win away to Hull KR on 9th June. Greenwood last featured for the Warriors on Friday 28th June against Salford Red Devils at the DW Stadium.

Prop forward Joe Bullock misses out as he recovers from a knee injury sustained vs St Helens on Friday 12th July.

Long-term absentees Dom Manfredi (knee) and Tom Davies (ankle) remain on the comeback trail.

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face Hull KR:

Joe Burgess, Liam Byrne, Tony Clubb, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Bevan French, Oliver Gildart, Joe Greenwood, Zak Hardaker, Willie Isa, Tommy Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Romain Navarrete, Ollie Partington, Sam Powell, Jarrod Sammut, Dan Sarginson, Morgan Smithies, George Williams.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... CI8JVde.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Re: 19-man squad vs Hull KR

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

One thing that puzzles me is Sarg being clearly ahead of Hankinson. I am not sure I agree with that, but if that is what the club thinks why did we let Sarg go, sign Bibby and keep Hankinson? Am I missing something - perhaps Bibby is so good that we expect him to be first choice centre...
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I was thinking the same myself. Sarge's form recently puts him ahead of Hanky (if we don't need Hanky to kick) and I'm not certain how good Bibby is. I assume that someone decided that Sarge, on his existing wages, wasn't good value for money and we've tried to replace him for someone cheaper. Could be a mistake but, let's be honest, Sarge is now playing better than he has done for some time.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Lets hope Lam uses all his Subs on Friday.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

No Escaré 😡

I expect French to play the Morgan role

😂
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:25 pm One thing that puzzles me is Sarg being clearly ahead of Hankinson. I am not sure I agree with that, but if that is what the club thinks why did we let Sarg go, sign Bibby and keep Hankinson? Am I missing something - perhaps Bibby is so good that we expect him to be first choice centre...
Because Sarg turned the club's offer down.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:25 pm One thing that puzzles me is Sarg being clearly ahead of Hankinson. I am not sure I agree with that, but if that is what the club thinks why did we let Sarg go, sign Bibby and keep Hankinson? Am I missing something - perhaps Bibby is so good that we expect him to be first choice centre...
Plus, Sarge originally wanted to go back to London. But with the growing likelihood of the Broncos being relegated, he had already made his decision to leave. So he signed for Salford.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Id drop Joe Burgess and stick French in might give him a kick up the @rse and make him show some interest

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hull KR 19-man squad:

Adam Quinlan, Ben Crooks, Jimmy Keinhorst, Ryan Shaw, Danny McGuire, Robbie Mulhern, Mose Masoe, Joel Tomkins, Weller Hauraki, Chris Atkin, Danny Addy, George Lawler, Josh Drinkwater, Will Dagger, Mikey Lewis, Daniel Murray, Dean Hadley, Jez Litten, Kyle Trout
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:03 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 pm
Plus, Sarge originally wanted to go back to London. But with the growing likelihood of the Broncos being relegated, he had already made his decision to leave. So he signed for Salford.
Good luck to Sarge, I hope all goes well
For him at Salford and with his university course. He’s a top lad and has always given 100% to the club.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards