Support The Club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Support The Club

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9913208

Fans have been calling for top class signings and the club has delivered for 2020, it is now up us to get behind the club and purchase season tickets. Don't forget that there is a financial benefit to the club as well as the individual.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Re: Support The Club

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:09 pm https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9913208

Fans have been calling for top class signings and the club has delivered for 2020, it is now up us to get behind the club and purchase season tickets. Don't forget that there is a financial benefit to the club as well as the individual.
Amen..

But I think you're preaching to the converted hereto dont want to be Danny downer after such a great week for the club but its going to ask a lot of people who've clearly stopped coming to come back..small steps and all of that.

Ipicked up on a point that Josie made and its a very good one and one I agree with wholeheartedly the 8 week breaks kills any momentum the club builds with just going to the match, people get out of the habit of going thats the truth of it, i fear unless something is done to at least try and bring the time down then people simply won't buy season tickets.

Hope im wrong.
bertina

Post by bertina »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:47 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:09 pm https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9913208

Amen..

But I think you're preaching to the converted hereto dont want to be Danny downer after such a great week for the club but its going to ask a lot of people who've clearly stopped coming to come back..small steps and all of that.

Ipicked up on a point that Josie made and its a very good one and one I agree with wholeheartedly the 8 week breaks kills any momentum the club builds with just going to the match, people get out of the habit of going thats the truth of it, i fear unless something is done to at least try and bring the time down then people simply won't buy season tickets.

Hope im wrong.
I agree with both of you. I'm lucky, I can get to most away matches, but not everyone can. some for financial reasons, some for family or work commitments, and the7/8 week break from home matches has a negative impact. As Fozzie says, people get out of the habit, and find other things to do with their time and money. Let's hope something can be done to at least reduce the length of the break.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bertina wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:55 am

Amen..

Hope im wrong.
I agree with both of you. I'm lucky, I can get to most away matches, but not everyone can. some for financial reasons, some for family or work commitments, and the7/8 week break from home matches has a negative impact. As Fozzie says, people get out of the habit, and find other things to do with their time and money. Let's hope something can be done to at least reduce the length of the break.
😂😂 Fozzie was quoting me 😉😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

The 8 week gap as I understood it was in order for the pitch to be relaid at the conclusion of the football season. In 2015 there was a new hybrid pitch laid which has improved things significantly. Basically it doesn't need to be relaid every year due to it not cutting up as badly as it used to. Whilst the Latics lot loved to blame us for the state of the pitch, It would usually be in a right state by the time our season got underway in February.

The point im making is that if the pitch doesn't need to be relaid every year anymore, Why do we still have the 8 week gap in the middle of the season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:05 am
bertina wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:55 am
Amen..

Hope im wrong.
😂😂 Fozzie was quoting me 😉😉
I was indeed 👍
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am glad that people are focussing on this gap, as it is a massive annoyance to me. It isn’t just the gap, but it is also that the gap is not in the holiday season meaning that we squeeze the extra games into horrible midwinter or when we are likely to be away. Plus, it makes it clear we are second class citizens.

I asked the club by e mail whether there would be a massive gap next year and they (swiftly) replied to say that it would be some time before the fixtures were announced by SL. Which was answering a question I had not asked, and even then in a misleading way.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

No issue for me.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
01tentpeg