Warriors outmuscle KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao711

Re: Warriors outmuscle KR

Post by jao711 »

moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:41 pm Yeah very different game to last week, much less of a defensive grind. I think both teams tried to play attacking footy, but only with limited success! i remember a KR player dropped the ball cold with the try-line at his mercy in the first half, and they threw a few passes at the touch-judges. As did Wigan. Mind you, the touchies needed something to wake them up; aren't they supposed to flag when the ball is passed forward? Burgess''s try was frankly a disgrace; two forward passes in a row! if that had been scored against us, we would be seething. At least it wasn't the winning margin. I never thought we were in danger of losing the game, but we did make heavy weather of it, albeit with quite an improvement in the second half.
We’ve had them scored against us and we seethed.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Flash wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:27 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:16 pm
Flash wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Just out of interest, which players are these?
My point is that if sammut/shorrocks arnt gonna play then, surely, one better player would be a better option and would allow us to pay more on the cap....... the same can be said for sarge and hanky....... i do like these players but if they are deemed not regular starters then surely we could replace them( the same goes for escare)
Sorry, I thought you meant for next season. Not sure there's anything much can be done for this season as the transfer deadline has now passed (if we had any cap space following the French signing).

Of the ones you mentioned, though, Sarginson is gone for next season, the club is making every effort to move Escare and Hankinson or Bibby will be vying for the right centre berth with the other as 1st backup. Not sure where we could cut further there. I suppose we could let one of Shorrocks or Sammut go but I doubt that would free up much cap space. Anyone we could sign would be of a similar cost and therefore ability. I can't see what the benefits would be in all honesty.
Make Lockers retire for the sake of his own health and bingo we have some nice lolly we can splash on A Nother
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

The game next week could be quite interesting with Warrington playing in the Challenge cup final the following week. Depending who is fit and who puts in 100% for them so as not to get injured could be a bit of an advantage for us. Blake Austin is a huge loss for them, and with us and Hull waiting for any slip ups, this could put extra pressure on them as they seem to be self imploding once again. Over the past few weeks we seem to be getting stronger and grinding out a win when needed. I can't see the likes of Sammut or Shorrocks getting back into the team barring any injuries. As for Burgess, he seems to be off the pace in recent weeks, and now French is raring to go, maybe it's time for a spell on the sidelines.