Leeds v Sts

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jobo

Leeds v Sts

Post by jobo »

Very early days but Sts look very organised.
medlocke

Re: Leeds v Sts

Post by medlocke »

I'm watching Emmerdale
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:07 pm I'm watching Emmerdale
Haha. Probably more realistic.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Richie Myler getting the blame from commentators but think Konrad Hurrell was a too static. Looked like his brain knew what he wanted to do but his body couldn't respond.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, you get that with Konnie!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Turned it off after 30 minutes! Sick of listening to that bloody drum & trumpet & the inane chattering of those bloody commentators! 🤢🤮

Do they never shut up? 🤐

Do Sky think it helps with the enjoyment of watching a game with the racket from the crowd is drowning out the commentators? Oh, wait a minute......

It started off with the new guy wittering on non stop! Verbal diarrhoea! He doesn't come up for air!

Then Terry O'Connor on the first try from Grace! "His strength & his speed to go & score that try".
WTF Terry, Strength?? There was no one round him, he just waltzed to the try line, not one defender touched him 🤤
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 am Turned it off after 30 minutes! Sick of listening to that bloody drum & trumpet & the inane chattering of those bloody commentators! 🤢🤮

Do they never shut up? 🤐

Do Sky think it helps with the enjoyment of watching a game with the racket from the crowd is drowning out the commentators? Oh, wait a minute......

It started off with the new guy wittering on non stop! Verbal diarrhoea! He doesn't come up for air!

Then Terry O'Connor on the first try from Grace! "His strength & his speed to go & score that try".
WTF Terry, Strength?? There was no one round him, he just waltzed to the try line, not one defender touched him 🤤
I am in the minority but i actually feel like leeds is one of the few grounds that is better to watch on live tv, personally im the opposite in thinking there's nothing that kills the enjoyment of watching the game if you cant hear a crowd at all - at least it sounds like there is some atmosphere there.

on the game, i thought leeds had really turned a corner putting up a good fight until the camera panned to
coote, roby and warmsley in the stands who are 3 of their best players

Leeds seem to lack the ability to hang into a game once it starts slipping
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I despise Leeds and the love in that SKY seem to have with the RFL's love child, They seem to be constantly on tv no matter how shit they are, It's like the RFL and SKY are pushing them to be the face of British RL, Why do the current Champions get far less tv time, Surely the Champions should be the ones on show with the most amount of air time.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

medlocke wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:05 am I despise Leeds and the love in that SKY seem to have with the RFL's love child, They seem to be constantly on tv no matter how shit they are, It's like the RFL and SKY are pushing them to be the face of British RL, Why do the current Champions get far less tv time, Surely the Champions should be the ones on show with the most amount of air time.
Leeds seem to have the interest market covered though they are either champions or relegation battling over the last few seasons - each brings interest to their door.

I would imagine as much as we like to conspire the choice of who is on TV will largely boil down to viewing figures per team/scenario once outside the contractual obligation. If leeds are preferred it may be that more people tune in to watch them than wigan
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:38 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 am Turned it off after 30 minutes! Sick of listening to that bloody drum & trumpet & the inane chattering of those bloody commentators! 🤢🤮

Do they never shut up? 🤐

I am in the minority but i actually feel like leeds is one of the few grounds that is better to watch on live tv, personally im the opposite in thinking there's nothing that kills the enjoyment of watching the game if you cant hear a crowd at all - at least it sounds like there is some atmosphere there.

on the game, i thought leeds had really turned a corner putting up a good fight until the camera panned to
coote, roby and warmsley in the stands who are 3 of their best players

Leeds seem to lack the ability to hang into a game once it starts slipping
I don't mind hearing the crowd, but it was as if all the Sky microphones were in the middle of the fans! Same at Huddersfield too! With the bloody cow bell/pan lid or whatever it it is!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan