Leeds v Sts

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Green Machine

Re: Leeds v Sts

Post by Green Machine »

Unless Sky bring in some new commentators they will lose viewers and fans will only watch when their team are involved. The inane drivel that they spout week in week out has certainly put me off watching. They can’t even get the players names correct. How on earth do you get Seumanfagai and Cuthbertson mixed up :roll: which is what Ben Proe did last night.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Perhaps the reason Leeds are on more than anyone else is due to SKY getting better viewing figures for Rhinos games than other teams. Hence why they've had to bring in a minimum allocation of tv games for some clubs otherwise they'd never be on as their viewing numbers are low!

As for the game, Leeds were ok until the first 20 mins of the second half. Then Saints scored 20 points in 20 minutes. Hard to see anyone stopping Saints this season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He wasn’t the best but I said when Eddie left sky would struggle as the replacements simply weren’t up to it,Bill Arthur was just about ok when commentating on Catalan game but he seems more interested in the weather.

Yiu have to ask are sky bothered about keeping the contract because what they have now is a boring bunch of no hopers and given I only watch sky sports for the RL it,for me better up it’s game or ill happily get rid
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 pm He wasn’t the best but I said when Eddie left sky would struggle as the replacements simply weren’t up to it,Bill Arthur was just about ok when commentating on Catalan game but he seems more interested in the weather.

Yiu have to ask are sky bothered about keeping the contract because what they have now is a boring bunch of no hopers and given I only watch sky sports for the RL it,for me better up it’s game or ill happily get rid
Personally i think there are just too many of them and they seem intent on one upmanship over commentating especially phil

Normal commentary teams consist of a main commentator with an expert compliment who will explain or deconstruct more technical happenings

Rugby has the main commentator + Barry and Tez + Phil + Stuart Cummings as a minimum and too many of them are competing for air time
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure