Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Friday

Post by josie andrews »

WIGAN WARRIORS V WARRINGTON WOLVES
Friday 16th August
DW Stadium | KO : 19:45

Referee B. Thaler

Touch Judge 1 D. Bowmer
Touch Judge 2 J. Smith
Reserve Referee P. Marklove
Reserve Touch Judge A. Smith
Video Referee C. Kendall
M Com K. Leyland
Time Keeper A. Brown
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by ddtftf »

Happy with Ben a fair ref
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I wanted James Childs, I think he has been hard done to.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

So come on you you ref lovers explain to me how that
BENT bsd has the bloody cheek to give us offside on our own line yet they can defend from where the hell they like all bloody night,fn disgrace makes my pss boil.
Come on I'm waiting.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mickw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:09 pm So come on you you ref lovers explain to me how that
BENT bsd has the bloody cheek to give us offside on our own line yet they can defend from where the hell they like all bloody night,fn disgrace makes my pss boil.
Come on I'm waiting.

We won and well... who cares 😁
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I effin well do .
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I thought, if anything, he leant towards us tonight - apart from the Gildart sin bin, which should just have been a penalty. The double movement was harsh on Wire, but he sent it upstairs, which was fair enough.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 pm I thought, if anything, he leant towards us tonight - apart from the Gildart sin bin, which should just have been a penalty. The double movement was harsh on Wire, but he sent it upstairs, which was fair enough.
in what way did he learn towards us ,explain .
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I think we could fairly say that the double movement was a marginal one which could have gone either way; you've seen them given and you haven't. So fair enough to go with the on-field decision. I didn't think Thaler was too bad either, although Wire kept a pretty skinny ten for most of the game. But it's about getting the big decisions right, which he mostly did. Credit to both sides, really, that it didn't turn into the niggley game that I half-expected (and, I gather, that some wanted), and there weren't too many penalties.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mickw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:12 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 pm I thought, if anything, he leant towards us tonight - apart from the Gildart sin bin, which should just have been a penalty. The double movement was harsh on Wire, but he sent it upstairs, which was fair enough.
in what way did he learn towards us ,explain .
Just my opinion, mate. I don't watch referees, or complain about them. I'll comment if I think they're right or wrong, but we all make mistakes. John Monie used to say that referees don't drop balls or miss tackles. We need to control what is controllable.

I've mentioned the double movement as one example: I can't remember if he gave try or no try, but I thought he was right to go to video ref. Then video refs decision was generous to us.

I thought he got the sin bin wrong, because the Warrington player's knees buckled and he was going down as he virtually ran into Gilly. Gilly's shot wad aimed at chest or shoulder height but hit his head. Therefore penalty but not sin bin. As I said, we all make mistakes.

I'm sure Thaler was being fair. Plenty Wire fans will disagree.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐