Wigan vs Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Wigan vs Warrington

Post by Barney841 »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:22 pm
Barney841 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:42 pm Sarge has been playing well ever since he found out he was going.
For me hankinson isn’t good enough to be in the team, reminds me of a centre Willie isa style player. Won’t let you down work like hell but that’s about it
Your "back-handed compliment" for Willie is truly an insult. Too many posters are not happy unless every player is a star - a Hanley, Offiah or Barratt.

Yet every great Wigan team has been a combination of outstanding players and grafters who went unnoticed or unappreciated by many. Take the 87 WCC winners: Gregory, Hanley, Gill, Edwards, Kiss, . . . but also Potter, Case, Gildart, and man of the match Shaun Wane!

Willie Isa is currently the 3rd top tackler in SL. Fortunately management and coaches at the club recognise the need for players like Willie in the team - I'm sure his teammates do too.
I don’t mind Isa a hard worker but you need to have a good blend in the team.
I’ve got nothing against hankinson, just think there’s better options
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:42 pm Sarge has been playing well ever since he found out he was going.
For me hankinson isn’t good enough to be in the team, reminds me of a centre Willie isa style player. Won’t let you down work like hell but that’s about it
Your "back-handed compliment" for Willie is truly an insult. Too many posters are not happy unless every player is a star - a Hanley, Offiah or Barratt.

Yet every great Wigan team has been a combination of outstanding players and grafters who went unnoticed or unappreciated by many. Take the 87 WCC winners: Gregory, Hanley, Gill, Edwards, Kiss, . . . but also Potter, Case, Gildart, and man of the match Shaun Wane!

Willie Isa is currently the 3rd top tackler in SL. Fortunately management and coaches at the club recognise the need for players like Willie in the team - I'm sure his teammates do too.
Well said Morley. Willie is no showcase player but one of the most unnoticeable, hardest working players in the team. I'm glad we have him 😊 Every team needs one or two Willie Isa's 🏉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 pm
like sarge but cheaper and younger
Sarge is 26, Hankinson is 25!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

You may recall that I posted that I'd complained about the BBC's on-line Rugby League headline and report after the Warrington game - that suggested that Warrington lost because of their injury list. I pointed out Wigan's injury list was even worse and suggested they were biased and lazy in their journalism.

Their response, received this morning, reads:-

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC Sport website.

I understand you feel the article entitled 'Super League: Wigan win 20-6 as Wembley-bound Warrington suffer fifth straight defeat' was biased in favour of Warrington.

I can assure you that the BBC always aims to report with the highest standards of accuracy and impartiality - and this was simply one aspect of the report which sought to accurately that Warrington suffered injuries, as well as reporting on a number of other aspects of the match leading to their defeat explaining that they were "they were taken apart with three first-half tries from Bevan French, George Williams and Zak Hardaker."

I'm sorry to hear you feel this report demonstrates bias and would like to assure you that we do always aim for due impartiality and would like to value your feedback about this particular article.

Wish I hadn't wasted my time now.....they still won't acknowledge the imbalance of their reporting.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

PAB721 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:03 am You may recall that I posted that I'd complained about the BBC's on-line Rugby League headline and report after the Warrington game - that suggested that Warrington lost because of their injury list. I pointed out Wigan's injury list was even worse and suggested they were biased and lazy in their journalism.

I understand you feel the article entitled 'Super League: Wigan win 20-6 as Wembley-bound Warrington suffer fifth straight defeat' was biased in favour of Warrington.

I can assure you that the BBC always aims to report with the highest standards of accuracy and impartiality - and this was simply one aspect of the report which sought to accurately that Warrington suffered injuries, as well as reporting on a number of other aspects of the match leading to their defeat explaining that they were "they were taken apart with three first-half tries from Bevan French, George Williams and Zak Hardaker."

I'm sorry to hear you feel this report demonstrates bias and would like to assure you that we do always aim for due impartiality and would like to value your feedback about this particular article.

Wish I hadn't wasted my time now.....they still won't acknowledge the imbalance of their reporting.
at least it might make them think twice next time pal....... you were right though it sounded very biased
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

It is the summer and The BBC do not care what you think. It is that time of year when stories on the BBC reappear because the number of searches done in a topic and you are suddenly faced by the obituary of someone who died 10 years ago. The other group of stories are those that reflect the interests and lifestyles of those journalists not important enough to be allowed time off. As a result you should never expect context or accuracy but you should expect stories about wiccan knitting cooperatives.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:38 am
PAB721 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:03 am You may recall that I posted that I'd complained about the BBC's on-line Rugby League headline and report after the Warrington game - that suggested that Warrington lost because of their injury list. I pointed out Wigan's injury list was even worse and suggested they were biased and lazy in their journalism.

at least it might make them think twice next time pal....... you were right though it sounded very biased
big standard generic waffle of a reply, surprised they didn't get global warming into the reply somewhere.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Levrier wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:15 am It is the summer and The BBC do not care what you think. It is that time of year when stories on the BBC reappear because the number of searches done in a topic and you are suddenly faced by the obituary of someone who died 10 years ago. The other group of stories are those that reflect the interests and lifestyles of those journalists not important enough to be allowed time off. As a result you should never expect context or accuracy but you should expect stories about wiccan knitting cooperatives.
The top story on BBC news online this morning was about "The Great British Bake-Off"! Note this was after clicking News on the BBC site.

The "quality" papers are no different. They seem to try to get a reference to Game of Thrones, or similar, on every page.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:32 am

Well said Morley. Willie is no showcase player but one of the most unnoticeable, hardest working players in the team. I'm glad we have him 😊 Every team needs one or two Willie Isa's 🏉
Thanks, Josie - though asking for 2 Willies may be considered greedy :roll:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:32 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:32 am

Thanks, Josie - though asking for 2 Willies may be considered greedy :roll:
😂😂I nearly said one or two big Willies 😳😉