Who are you shouting for?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Who are you shouting for?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Saints, Wire or couldn’t you care less?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Re: Who are you shouting for?

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:13 pm Saints, Wire or couldn’t you care less?
Wire I suppose. Couldn’t be doing with Saints in with a shout of a clean sweep. We’d never hear the bloody last of it.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It's a tricky one because they can't both lose! I feel bad saying this but I want saints to win for two reasons:
Firstly, they're going to win anyway so I won't be too disappointed and secondly, I like being able to sing 'it's always your year' to the wire fans.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:59 pm It's a tricky one because they can't both lose! I feel bad saying this but I want saints to win for two reasons:
Firstly, they're going to win anyway so I won't be too disappointed and secondly, I like being able to sing 'it's always your year' to the wire fans.
Same here but I've got too many funny Warrington memes I couldn't use if they won anything, Plus it would keep my mate Ceddy Jackson quiet, It's been nice these last few weeks since he's gone into hiding :lol:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Take Wire as the underdogs, looks to be a very hot day - how about Extra time :twisted:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Never back Saints.

It’s the rules...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

medlocke wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:36 pm
southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:59 pm It's a tricky one because they can't both lose! I feel bad saying this but I want saints to win for two reasons:
Same here
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sums it up I suppose.

I dont know though Saints are such favourites that surely an upset would be on the cards, then I think its Wire and can't see anything but a saints win.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Saints for me . Don't live near enough to cop abuse from Saints fans.

Wearing ourScotland RL strips this year. The abuse (nasty) we get from Wire fans at Wembley when wearing our Wigan shirts is not worth the hassle.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors boss Adrian Lam says cup final clash is difficult to judge

Adrian Lam reckons this weekend’s Challenge Cup final is so tight to call it could come down to the bounce of a ball.

Most experts have League Leaders’ Shield winners St Helens as easy winners, with Warrington having gone badly off the boil in recent weeks.

But Lam, whose Wigan side easily beat the Wolves 20-6 at the DW last weekend, believes Steve Price’s men have it in them to lift the cup.

“I’d like to think it’s a 50-50 game at the moment,” the Warriors coach said.

“I just remember from my own experience, St Helens were red-hot favourites in 2002 (at Murrayfield) and we managed to get the win.

“I’d like to think Warrington have a chance, as we had back then.

“But anything can happen in a cup final on the day.

“You only have to look at when Wigan lost to Sheffield Eagles in 1998...it was one of the biggest upsets ever.

As much as form is one thing, if a team turns up 
and gives it a go, any team can win.”

Lam has welcomed the week off ahead of the final three rounds of Super League, with his side nursing a few bumps and bruises.

But he won’t be taking the opportunity of a trip to Wembley.

“I won’t go to that,” he added. “I just hope they bash each other!”

Meanwhile, fans at Saturday’s Challenge Cup final will remember Archie Bruce with a minute’s applause.

The 20-year-old half-back was found dead in his hotel room last Sunday morning, just hours after making his debut for Batley in their Championship match against Toulouse.

Clubs held a minute’s silence before matches last Sunday and the player will be remembered with a minute’s applause before the final between St Helens and Warrington before the crowd are invited to join in singing the traditional anthem, Abide with Me.

Bruce, a player with Dewsbury Moor, had been training with the Bulldogs for the 2019 season with a view to him playing in 2020 but, due to his energy and enthusiasm, head coach Matt Diskin handed him a first professional outing against Toulouse.

Batley director John Miller said he played the final 30 minutes of the game as a substitute and made a big impact with a series of darting runs, while his excitement was clear for all to see post match.

A just giving page set up by the RFL Benevolent Fund to leave a lasting legacy in Archie’s name and benefit charities and causes he and his family support has so far raised over £7,000.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9953253
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan