Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:13 am

Wintergreen wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:52 pm
The economic argument for leaving the EU has gone now (at least for the next 10 years anyway)

Even the most ardent of Leave supporters would have to agree.

We have to face reality that the prime reason people voted leave is not economic, it is emotional.

It's very sad, points to a lack of knowledge and highlights many things that are wrong with this country. But it's the reason many voted to leave.
Just to say my reason for voting leave wasn't for emotional reasons nor for economic reasons has the history of my posts are testimony. What reasons other voted I've no idea. I leave all that speculation on this topic to the likes of Dave O who incidentally is emotionally moved as he explicitly expresses in his comment re- his head hitting his desk!
I agree we should face reality. The reality is the result of the REF. Was to leave the EU (Fact). 3 years on have we left yet?...No ! (Fact).Has parliament frustrated ,for any reason,the promise to fulfill the Ref result? Yes!( fact)! Has the actions of a "Remain Parliament " led to its prorogation for not allowing the government to full fill its manifesto promise....yes!(Fact)!

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm

The reality is the result of the referendum way back in 2016 was a majority to leave of 1.27m.
That majority doesn't exist anymore as mainly Leave voters have died (over 65s & over 75s) and been replaced by new voters on the register (18-43) who are mainly Remain minded.

Johnson is now being played like a fiddle by the opposition parties. He won't get a GE at the time of his choosing but it will come when the opposition decide it will take place. Hammond went to see the EU a couple of weeks back when they gave him their guarantee an extension would be granted.
It does seem like a Vote of No Confidence will be the first move to get the Tories and Johnson out power. An interim Gov't will then be formed which will give the date of the GE and 3rd referendum.

There seem to be strong rumours May's Withdrawal Bill will be brought back and the referendum will run with that against Remain. Once that has gone through the HoC into law the result of the referendum will be binding. With good timing it could all be decided well before Christmas! (That's Christmas 2019)

SJ

Post by SJ » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Good to see Ted,you,by implication agree with my latest post :D
Also. Dave's last post confirms he doesn't fully understand fully the concept of "Sovereignty. Recommend course in Political Science 8-)

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:02 pm

SJ wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:52 pm
The economic argument for leaving the EU has gone now (at least for the next 10 years anyway)

Even the most ardent of Leave supporters would have to agree.

We have to face reality that the prime reason people voted leave is not economic, it is emotional.

It's very sad, points to a lack of knowledge and highlights many things that are wrong with this country. But it's the reason many voted to leave.
Just to say my reason for voting leave wasn't for emotional reasons nor for economic reasons has the history of my posts are testimony. What reasons other voted I've no idea. I leave all that speculation on this topic to the likes of Dave O who incidentally is emotionally moved as he explicitly expresses in his comment re- his head hitting his desk!
I agree we should face reality. The reality is the result of the REF. Was to leave the EU (Fact). 3 years on have we left yet?...No ! (Fact).Has parliament frustrated ,for any reason,the promise to fulfill the Ref result? Yes!( fact)! Has the actions of a "Remain Parliament " led to its prorogation for not allowing the government to full fill its manifesto promise....yes!(Fact)!
He still won't say why he wants to leave. Ashamed I imagine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Did I agree with your post SJ? Maybe I did, maybe not, that doesn't detract from the FACTS that your facts are don't apply as they are out of date. As are most if not all views of Leavers.
The fact is that the Government does not have a majority in the HoC so it can't get its own Bills in to law.
In the next days or a couple of weeks there will be a Vote of No Confidence which will win and the Gov't will be out of power. Once that happens Brexit is over with bar the shouting.

The "FACT" it is a a Remain Parliament is contradicted by the FACT that both main political parties voted to implement the result of the referendum. What is also forgotten by Leavers is that 2015 GE brought in a "Leave" parliament. It was the 2017 GE that brought in more Remain MP's reflecting the wishes of the electorate who by 2017 had found out that they had been lied to in the referendum and changed their mind and their MP's

It now seems Johnson and Farage are the best recruiting sergeants for Remain ever.
Hopefully they will join up in a pact for the GE and both be destroyed together.

I wonder what lies they will come up with next?

SJ

Post by SJ » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Mike,
I remarked in my latest post that my reasons for leave vote is stated in the testimony of my past posts but just for your eyes only
If either it was snowing in Tibet OR not snowing in Tibet I would vote LEAVE :lol:

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:10 pm

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm
The reality is the result of the referendum way back in 2016 was a majority to leave of 1.27m.
That majority doesn't exist anymore as mainly Leave voters have died (over 65s & over 75s) and been replaced by new voters on the register (18-43) who are mainly Remain minded.
This old chestnut again Ted, Where is your proof of this, Can you provide any proof of it or is it just wishful thinking from your tiny remainer imagination working overtime :D

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Ohh must be true then someone’s rolled out the FACT hammer :x

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:17 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 pm
Ohh must be true then someone’s rolled out the FACT hammer :x
If it's true there must be a write up about it with stats etc, Ted's pulled it out of the hat that many times that i'd like to see some proof, But like we've seen so many times in the past on these threads when remainers are asked for proof they never have any :lol:

moto748

Post by moto748 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Extensive post-ref polling has shown that older people overwhelmingly voted Leave and teens and twenties largely voted Remain. That much is a fact, and inarguable. The people with most stake in the future voted to stay in.