Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
moto748

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by moto748 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:58 pm

moto748 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:58 pm
Extensive post-ref polling has shown that older people overwhelmingly voted Leave and teens and twenties largely voted Remain. That much is a fact, and inarguable. The people with most stake in the future voted to stay in.

The stats can all be found on the govt's own website, as I'm sure you know all too well.

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:06 pm

moto748 wrote:
moto748 wrote:
Extensive post-ref polling has shown that older people overwhelmingly voted Leave and teens and twenties largely voted Remain. That much is a fact, and inarguable. The people with most stake in the future voted to stay in.

The stats can all be found on the govt's own website, as I'm sure you know all too well.
So where are the stats that everyone has died?

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:23 pm

SJ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:51 pm
Good to see Ted,you,by implication agree with my latest post :D
Also. Dave's last post confirms he doesn't fully understand fully the concept of "Sovereignty. Recommend course in Political Science 8-)
Your previous post to this SJ tells me one thing in a nutshell, you bought a box and didn't know what was in it when you voted, where as I voted not to fix what wasn't broke, as indeed most Engineers with common sense do!!👍😀
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 pm

medlocke wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:10 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm
The reality is the result of the referendum way back in 2016 was a majority to leave of 1.27m.
That majority doesn't exist anymore as mainly Leave voters have died (over 65s & over 75s) and been replaced by new voters on the register (18-43) who are mainly Remain minded.
An imagination that works overtime is thinking outside the box!
You should know some of the Zappa quotes, one being about a parachute, pretty poignant to all this Brexit shit and peoples hideous comments with regard to what they wanted/expected.😀

This old chestnut again Ted, Where is your proof of this, Can you provide any proof of it or is it just wishful thinking from your tiny remainer imagination working overtime :D

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:31 pm

medlocke wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:06 pm
moto748 wrote:
moto748 wrote:

So where are the stats that everyone has died?
They're probably not dead, they're busy draining social services cash!🤣

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 pm

medlocke wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:
The reality is the result of the referendum way back in 2016 was a majority to leave of 1.27m.
That majority doesn't exist anymore as mainly Leave voters have died (over 65s & over 75s) and been replaced by new voters on the register (18-43) who are mainly Remain minded.
This old chestnut again Ted, Where is your proof of this, Can you provide any proof of it or is it just wishful thinking from your tiny remainer imagination working overtime :D
Asking for proof for a hypothetical situation ("How would people vote now?") is, by it's nature contradictory.

The nearest answer is an opinion poll, though you'll probably say "they're always wrong". So where is your proof that Leave with No Deal would win, and why are the No Dealers against a referendum: are they "frit"?

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/i ... pport-2-3/

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 pm

morley pie eater wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 pm
medlocke wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:
Asking for proof for a hypothetical situation ("How would people vote now?") is, by it's nature contradictory.

The nearest answer is an opinion poll, though you'll probably say "they're always wrong". So where is your proof that Leave with No Deal would win, and why are the No Dealers against a referendum: are they "frit"?

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/i ... pport-2-3/
An opinion poll where everyone that voted in referendum has taken part except for Teds mythical dead or a poll of 10,000?

Ted pulls the same crack out 3 or 4 times a month, Sometimes more, Over the last 2 years, It is quite amusing that Remainers don't die according to Ted, I just want to see him post an article stating the exact same thing that he's been posting all this time

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:22 pm

Did leave win anyway. Fake news?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:56 am

I see there'll be a second vote on a general election. I thought democracy meant accepting the first vote?

SJ

Post by SJ » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:23 pm
SJ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:51 pm
Good to see Ted,you,by implication agree with my latest post :D
Also. Dave's last post confirms he doesn't fully understand fully the concept of "Sovereignty. Recommend course in Political Science 8-)
Your previous post to this SJ tells me one thing in a nutshell, you bought a box and didn't know what was in it when you voted, where as I voted not to fix what wasn't broke, as indeed most Engineers with common sense do!!👍😀
Your remarks re- if it's broke etc I agree with where and when appropriate However as an analogy of the Referendum it's inappropriate. To have.to give people a reason of the way I voted I really find incredulous. Well, sarcastically speaking, the answer is obviously,to a person of some sense,in the question namely,when asked"why did you vote leave as opposed to remain "....answer because I wanted to leave. What else? Simple deductive logic analogous , to say "do you want tea or coffee?well I want tea so I answer, wait for it............"Tea" common sense isn't it?