Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wandering Warrior » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:07 pm

SJ wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:51 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:23 pm
SJ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:51 pm
Good to see Ted,you,by implication agree with my latest post :D
Also. Dave's last post confirms he doesn't fully understand fully the concept of "Sovereignty. Recommend course in Political Science 8-)
Your previous post to this SJ tells me one thing in a nutshell, you bought a box and didn't know what was in it when you voted, where as I voted not to fix what wasn't broke, as indeed most Engineers with common sense do!!👍😀
Your remarks re- if it's broke etc I agree with where and when appropriate However as an analogy of the Referendum it's inappropriate. To have.to give people a reason of the way I voted I really find incredulous. Well, sarcastically speaking, the answer is obviously,to a person of some sense,in the question namely,when asked"why did you vote leave as opposed to remain "....answer because I wanted to leave. What else? Simple deductive logic analogous , to say "do you want tea or coffee?well I want tea so I answer, wait for it............"Tea" common sense isn't it?
You talk more BS than the Head Clown!! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

SJ

Post by SJ » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:29 pm

BS to you WW. Common Sense for me. Your entitled to your opinion WW on this topic

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:29 pm

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:07 pm
SJ wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Your previous post to this SJ tells me one thing in a nutshell, you bought a box and didn't know what was in it when you voted, where as I voted not to fix what wasn't broke, as indeed most Engineers with common sense do!!👍😀
Your remarks re- if it's broke etc I agree with where and when appropriate However as an analogy of the Referendum it's inappropriate. To have.to give people a reason of the way I voted I really find incredulous. Well, sarcastically speaking, the answer is obviously,to a person of some sense,in the question namely,when asked"why did you vote leave as opposed to remain "....answer because I wanted to leave. What else? Simple deductive logic analogous , to say "do you want tea or coffee?well I want tea so I answer, wait for it............"Tea" common sense isn't it?
isn't that a over simplification, most people who voted leave did so for reasons more than I wanted to leave.
it could have been they generally thought we would get 350 million to put to the NHS or it could have been the on the back of mass EU immigration.

I voted remain, that wasn't just I wanted to stay so its simple, I was voted as I have seen the benefits of the Employee rights the UK signed up to. ive seen the jobs the EU funded industrial estate created at four lane ends. in short I voted for stability for myself and my children.

my Grandma voted leave, she voted leave because she remembers (fondly) the time for the EU, that's it, not other reason just she remembers we where okay before hand.

for the sake of discussion (because trying to convince any current remainers or leavers that their view is wrong is impossible) what benefit of leaving the EU did you vote for? I personally see very few if any but its interesting to here opposite side, when it doesn't evolve are defunct arguments like sovereignty (white paper dismissed this)
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:42 pm

The ultimate judgement on Johnson won't be that he was a clown, or a liar etc, but that he failed. Of course he'll blame everyone else, but politics is about knowing your limitations/possibilities/friends/ enemies and finding a way to achieve your objective.

So far he's united the opposition, alienated chunks of his own party, and lost every vote in parliament. Not a great start: did they say "could do better" on reports at Eton College?

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:55 pm

SJ wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:29 pm
BS to you WW. Common Sense for me. Your entitled to your opinion WW on this topic
Common sense BS, that's novel!! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:11 am

And again the hapless Johnson doesn’t get his wish for an election

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:29 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:07 pm
SJ wrote:

isn't that a over simplification, most people who voted leave did so for reasons more than I wanted to leave.
it could have been they generally thought we would get 350 million to put to the NHS or it could have been the on the back of mass EU immigration.

I voted remain, that wasn't just I wanted to stay so its simple, I was voted as I have seen the benefits of the Employee rights the UK signed up to. ive seen the jobs the EU funded industrial estate created at four lane ends. in short I voted for stability for myself and my children.

my Grandma voted leave, she voted leave because she remembers (fondly) the time for the EU, that's it, not other reason just she remembers we where okay before hand.

for the sake of discussion (because trying to convince any current remainers or leavers that their view is wrong is impossible) what benefit of leaving the EU did you vote for? I personally see very few if any but its interesting to here opposite side, when it doesn't evolve are defunct arguments like sovereignty (white paper dismissed this)
I prefaced I was being sarcastic! lso taking the piss. The response is simple ,mine that is Why?you really need to ask the question your seeking to to ask viz, why do you want to leave your reason for wanting to leave which you Are now-correctly Asking me as opposed to the question I was originally asked why did you vote ie mark the ballot Ref document with "X" indicating ones preference "leave"?
My reasons Are well documented in previous posts but in A word Soereignty. Dismissed or not! is immaterial

SJ

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other...

Post by SJ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 pm

Wes wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:37 pm
London is one of the biggest financial cities in the world, English is the number 1 business language nothing will change.

The pound is low due to scaremongering here and the eu trying to be difficult. When we are trading with other countries outside the eu our economy and confidence will grow.

The eu sell more to us than we to them do you think Audi, BMW, Mercedes, VW etc etc will want tariffs on trade? If there are we can buy cars (using this as an example) from outside the eu then who will be feeling the squeeze us or Germany?

Bare in mind at the moment we can't sign agreements with anyone outside the eu as we haven't officially left so the Eu can try to squeeze us however when everything is signed if they continue to try and bully us we can buy sell elsewhere.

Eu beuracrats are not elected hmm strange when they have all the power, they are sh1tting themselves of us leaving I bet they'd wished they give Cameron more when he went cap in hand!

In a divorce (their reference to brexit not ours) everything is combined and split down the middle soooooooo let's add every eu asset up and take our percentage owed that would far outweigh this daft number they say we need to pay!

People don't like change but how about it's happening so why not get behind it and offer some suggestions of making it better rather than remoaning.
Good post Wes. Pedrinho congratulates Dave for not expressing is personal veiw(indirectly. Sad really as he is peddling Marxist crap. OMI

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Good post by Wes, trouble is its straight from the Leave drivel of the EU Referendum. All of it good talk in 2016 but utter nonsense in 2019 and in this stage of Brexit politics.
The mentioning of the German car makers is laughable. In this past 3 years they have repeatedly told their political leaders they are prepared to take a hit on reduced sales in the UK as long as the EU retains the commercial integrity of the single market with the other 27 member states.
Like all the other Leave promises made in the referendum campaign it has turned out to be utter nonsense.

The political reality is that yet another Brexit leave date has hit the dust, first November 2018, then March 29th 2019 and now Oct 31st. All dead! Why? Because what was promised and voted on has turned out to be a pack of lies and MP's won't have it. Johnson is now leading what in effect is a Gov't in name only. He's no majority and can't win a vote in the HoC.

We are now waiting for the PM to go to Brussels and humiliate himself by asking for an extension to A50. After that his Queens Speech will be voted down by a Vote of No Confidence and an Interim Gov't will be formed. They will then name the date of the GE and 3rd Referendum.

Whether one is Leave or Remain minded those are the facts at the moment. The opposition alliance have said they will bring back May's Withdrawal Agreement for passing along with a referendum with Remain on the ballot paper. Whatever the referendum decides this time it will be enacted as it will have been passed into law by an Act of Parliament.

jobo

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other...

Post by jobo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 pm

SJ wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 pm
Wes wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:37 pm
London is one of the biggest financial cities in the world, English is the number 1 business language nothing will change.

The pound is low due to scaremongering here and the eu trying to be difficult. When we are trading with other countries outside the eu our economy and confidence will grow.

The eu sell more to us than we to them do you think Audi, BMW, Mercedes, VW etc etc will want tariffs on trade? If there are we can buy cars (using this as an example) from outside the eu then who will be feeling the squeeze us or Germany?

Bare in mind at the moment we can't sign agreements with anyone outside the eu as we haven't officially left so the Eu can try to squeeze us however when everything is signed if they continue to try and bully us we can buy sell elsewhere.

Eu beuracrats are not elected hmm strange when they have all the power, they are sh1tting themselves of us leaving I bet they'd wished they give Cameron more when he went cap in hand!

In a divorce (their reference to brexit not ours) everything is combined and split down the middle soooooooo let's add every eu asset up and take our percentage owed that would far outweigh this daft number they say we need to pay!

People don't like change but how about it's happening so why not get behind it and offer some suggestions of making it better rather than remoaning.
Good post Wes. Pedrinho congratulates Dave for not expressing is personal veiw(indirectly. Sad really as he is peddling Marxist crap. OMI
Can you point out the Marxist crap?