Caine Barnes & Samy Kibula to Leave Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Samy Kibula

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:33 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:59 pm One that will come back and bite us in the ass
We are trying to free up cap space to make another exciting signing mmmm
Lachlan Lam is my guess to partner Hastings mmmmmmm
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
bertina

Post by bertina »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:09 pm I don't think so meds. Not progressed as expected even with lone in championship never stood out. There's a few more to go yet too. Have to agree with IL on this needs to be more ruthless with culling if we want big signings on top pay. We cant have it both ways moaning when we let players go and moaning for not signing top stars. Well for me he has done a blinder in signings for me.
I agree 100%. You can’t have it both ways.
No disrespect meant, but we kept too many for too long that were not good enough. You can’t keep them all, and to be fair, Wigan haven’t let many go recently that have come back to haunt us.
We do seem to get it right most of the time.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Can’t keep them all... Sami is a good Leyther lad he will be a success
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

bertina wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:21 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:09 pm I don't think so meds. Not progressed as expected even with lone in championship never stood out. There's a few more to go yet too. Have to agree with IL on this needs to be more ruthless with culling if we want big signings on top pay. We cant have it both ways moaning when we let players go and moaning for not signing top stars. Well for me he has done a blinder in signings for me.
No disrespect meant, but we kept too many for too long that were not good enough. You can’t keep them all, and to be fair, Wigan haven’t let many go recently that have come back to haunt us.
Correct.

Woods at Leigh isn't going to make it so should be let go.
Mullen also is one winger too many and should be let go.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:38 pm
bertina wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:21 pm
Correct.

Woods at Leigh isn't going to make it so should be let go.
Mullen also is one winger too many and should be let go.
Mullen is a fullback
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Should have let Clubb go and kept a lad full of potential in Kibula.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:54 pm Pie in the sky. They would need more than Kibula moving on.They would have to let a couple of first teamers go before they could even consider a signing anyone let alone a good one. There is simply no money to play with. I think them lessons have been learnt.
True, but he may not be the only one leaving. If Woods is also let go (which in my opinion, he should be as he hasn't really impressed at Leigh and we have better options) along with maybe Escare then we should have enough cap space to bring someone decent in.

With regards to Kibula, it's a shame, I like the lad and I think this could turn out to be a big mistake. But as others have said, can't keep them all.
josie andrews

Barnes and Kibula to leave Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

Fringe prop forwards Caine Barnes and Samy Kibula will leave Wigan Warriors at the end of the season.

Cumbrian born Caine Barnes has signed a permanent deal with Workington Town having spent two loan spells at Derwent Park over the last two seasons.

20-year old Samy Kibula will head to Warrington Wolves after the conclusion of his contract at the end of the season. He made one senior appearance during his time at the DW Stadium and is currently on-loan at Swinton Lions after a brief spell at Dewsbury Rams earlier this season.

Wigan Warriors’ Transition Coach, Darrell Goulding: “Both Caine and Samy have found opportunities hard to come by in the Wigan Warriors senior set-up since their promotion from the academy. We wish them well in the future and we thank them for their efforts.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 6pQ8VUi.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Barnes and Kibula to leave Wigan

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Jesus ANOTHER thread on Kibula. and someone no one else has heard of leaving
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Barnes and Kibula to leave Wigan

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I have, watched him many times.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards