In the zone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

In the zone

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It will take a very good team to beat Wigan. Old Trafford is not guaranteed but we are bang in form. Our defence is second to none at the moment and our attack will improve with Lockers back. Greenwood playing 80 minutes, Lockers and Benny getting a run out is a massive bonus. Smithies and Partington are fantastic.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Re: In the zone

Post by DaveO »

I know we have long term absentee Manfredi but we also have what amounts to a full strength squad going into the playoffs.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Is don’t want to tempt fate but as you say they are bang in form after this season nothing would surprise me now
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Our defensive pride is back and we're hitting hard.
It's not only wane that can get the team to defend afterall.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

There are a few things that strike me about the team just now:
- we are super fit, fast and agile, which allows our smaller pack to control the opposition;
- we can attack down both sides effectively, and even up the middle with Powell developing a running game;
- Leuluai is playing his best rugby as a 7 in his career, and seems to have acquired vision and an ability to read the game;
- looking ahead, if we avoid a raft of injuries, I can’t see us not being at OT; and
- next year, we will be even stronger, the young lads even better, Hastings and Burgess bringing size and finesse to the side.
Happy, happy days. I can honestly say I have never known a season like this - the team that can’t win becoming the team that can’t lose.