2019 Fans Player of the Year!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

2019 Fans Player of the Year

Poll ended at Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Zak Hardaker
39%
Sam Powell
8%
Oliver Gildart
No votes
Tommy Leuluai
11%
Morgan Smithies
16%
George Williams
No votes
Liam Farrell
8%
Liam Marshall
5%
Willie Isa
13%

Total votes: 38

lucky 13

Re: 2019 Fans Player of the Year!

Post by lucky 13 »

I can see arguments .
For Zak . Good all year for me took goal kicking on and been in top 3 most weeks for us.
For Liam Marshall started season as 4th choice winger finished it for me as second behind Manfreid. I'm.not counting French😉 huge improvement in his all round game. Always been a top finisher.
For Sam Powel grown massively from a 40+ tackle hooker.to a 40+ tackle hooker taking more yards and leader.
For Tommy Lu simple I cant remember him having more influence on us week by week. Will.miss that
shoulder when he hangs up his boots!
For Willie Isa. For me he optimised what team is about. Hes the first to talk down his own contribution but hes been massive all year for us and for me deserves a lot of credit in our strong finish to the season.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:17 pm I can see arguments .
For Zak . Good all year for me took goal kicking on and been in top 3 most weeks for us.
For Liam Marshall started season as 4th choice winger finished it for me as second behind Manfreid. I'm.not counting French😉 huge improvement in his all round game. Always been a top finisher.
For Sam Powell grown massively from a 40+ tackle hooker.to a 40+ tackle hooker taking more yards and leader.
For Tommy Lu simple I cant remember him having more influence on us week by week. Will.miss that
For Willie Isa. For me he optimised what team is about. Hes the first to talk down his own contribution but hes been massive all year for us and for me deserves a lot of credit in our strong finish to the season.
Amen to all of that!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:17 pm I can see arguments .
For Sam Powel grown massively from a 40+ tackle hooker.to a 40+ tackle hooker taking more yards and leader.
Well said 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:29 pm Because of the new poll you can only opt for 10... with Sarge it’s hit and miss like one poster said he has 3 bad games and his fourth game makes up for it all.

Although sarge has been good the past few weeks.

I went for Hardaker I truly believe in 2020 he will be MOS or at least at his best. I fear we may lose him but he’s an awesome prospect running into the line off a Hastings pass!

Need to look after Zak. Then he will make sure his present and future is t his past.

Wigan RLFC/Lenagan/Radlinski... retain at all costs please.
hit and miss and good in last few weeks. Also 3 bad to 1 good. Sorry but I must be going to different games to you 2. He has been a excellent centre this season.this is only my opinion of course just like yours with the players you picked for fans player of season..
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Loads of time to vote!!

Zak running away with it but 10 days left to vote!!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

I cannot see past Morgan Smithies (or Oliver Partington not on list) as these yougsters stood up to the task and turned our season round when some of our experienced heads were wobbling. We would not be where we are today if they hadn't shown a total disregard to the reputation and experience of opposition packs during the middle part of the season in particular.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Well done you Zak Hardaker votes by us as the Fans player of the Season for 2019!!

Well done Zak!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Smithies, Marshall and Tommy have been very good, Hardaker ok but not our best player imo.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:36 pm Liam Farrell, haven't lost a game since he returned
Commentators curse? Woeful on Friday.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.