Disciplinary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Disciplinary

Post by josie andrews »

Ollie Partington one match match ban for striking!

And a warning for Other Contrary Behaviour!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Caboosegg »

Did i miss something, i remember him rubbing someone's head and ripping of the headband but dont remember striking.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Going to be a great player but he just needs to curb the aggression and cut out the niggle .
Southport steve

Post by Southport steve »

I’m more concerned about the 2 match ban for sene lefeo. That could have been a really serious injury had he connected as intended yet he is penalised only one match more than partington for an incident that most of us missed
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Southport steve wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:25 pm I’m more concerned about the 2 match ban for sene lefeo. That could have been a really serious injury had he connected as intended yet he is penalised only one match more than partington for an incident that most of us missed
Highlight for me was that with 3 experienced forwards clawing at him he was still laughing, Lafeo puts the knees in and he still laughs. I didn't see him striking?

Partington had a good game, don't curb the aggression just yet.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Green Machine wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:06 pm Going to be a great player but he just needs to curb the aggression and cut out the niggle .
Curb the aggression? Is that serious, he’s a front row forward, we want him to be aggressive!

I don’t mind the niggle from him, he’s only winding a few players up, if they can’t hack it that’s there problem.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Partington needs to be selective about who he winds up,but actually no sod it the gsames sanitised enough as it is,there has to be niggle otherwise what’s the point?

As for the ban well sene-lafao got off a touch light but at least he got a ban
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Warrior20 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:02 pm
Green Machine wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:06 pm Going to be a great player but he just needs to curb the aggression and cut out the niggle .
Curb the aggression? Is that serious, he’s a front row forward, we want him to be aggressive!

I don’t mind the niggle from him, he’s only winding a few players up, if they can’t hack it that’s there problem.
Well channel his aggression then.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:24 pm Did i miss something, i remember him rubbing someone's head and ripping of the headband but dont remember striking.
I think it was the contact he made with Blair but to be honest I think that is a little harsh as the Cas player was being swung round.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Keep the aggession and curb the niggle and sledging - easier said than done. Truth be told no one respects wind up merchants -LMS, Jake Connor, Kenny Edwards etc. Take the niggle out and he will still be a massive headache for opposition. Glad he plays for us and not any of rivals.