John Bateman

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Richymac

John Bateman

Post by Richymac »

Whatever happens in the game coming up now I think I am going to say he is doing amazingly well.
I am from a non-rugby league watching family and thus got into it about ten years ago. I remember seeing him come up through Bradford after becoming a Father aged 15/16 and thinking he was a great player.
When he came to us I was delighted and he was such a great player under Shaun Wane and his strength, speed and vision is unbelievable.
Anyway, just wondering what people think he can achieve in the game? I think he could be as big as Sam Burgess was at his peak.
Looking forward to tonight, going to watch this Canberra vs Souths game and get in the mood!!!
nathan_rugby

Re: John Bateman

Post by nathan_rugby »

Richymac wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:52 am Whatever happens in the game coming up now I think I am going to say he is doing amazingly well.
I am from a non-rugby league watching family and thus got into it about ten years ago. I remember seeing him come up through Bradford after becoming a Father aged 15/16 and thinking he was a great player.
When he came to us I was delighted and he was such a great player under Shaun Wane and his strength, speed and vision is unbelievable.
Anyway, just wondering what people think he can achieve in the game? I think he could be as big as Sam Burgess was at his peak.
Looking forward to tonight, going to watch this Canberra vs Souths game and get in the mood!!!
I think he will go down as more of a "Players player" or "unsung hero" than a Sam Burgess or Greg Inglis type star.

He does the hard work, makes the hard yards, makes the hard tackles. He doesn't often make the big hit people remember nor score the memorable tries, but he has the ability to go down as one of the best and has silenced the doubts so far as to his ability to handle the Aussie forwards due to his size.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Next season,as ever will be the test,one I think he will pass with ease,but second season syndrome is always a worry but one I think Bateman will pass with ease.

He’s clearly a star over there already and if his progress continues as I think we all think it will be,it’ll only going to get bigger.

Trouble is with his success the more the raiding parties will arrive and take yet more of our young stars over there,who can blame them either
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

They're hanging on at the moment.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Game set match wiganers in the grand final.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The Wigan Effect!

Said to George Williams when we reached second spot, how would you feel if your first game with Canberra was the WCC v Wigan Warriors??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:29 pm The Wigan Effect!

Said to George Williams when we reached second spot, how would you feel if your first game with Canberra was the WCC v Wigan Warriors??
And what did George Williams reply?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The booze hound wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:32 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:29 pm The Wigan Effect!

And what did George Williams reply?
“How weird would that be?” 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

They've got a mean old pack of forwards to play behind that's for sure.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

They will have to be a lot better in the final, but I would love John to collect a winners ring.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards