19-man squad vs St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: 19-man squad vs St Helens

Post by DaveO »

Warrington showed how to beat Saints in an important game. Did Lam and the players watch the video? Obviously not.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mickw wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 pm Tony Clubb got a new two year contract, two years .
Whoever makes decisions like that need to go ,no ifs or buts they should be gone for the good of the future of the club .
Why is navarrette still here? He's never been good enough.
If it weren't for players drug taking and drink driving Smithies Byrne and Partington would never have got anywhere near the team no matter how some of these journeymen play.
That tonight was not an honest performance that's the worst thing.
Without those lads we would not have qualified for the playoffs. Burgess and Clark will not solve our problems.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

They will if we replace Cjubb, Flowers and Oloughlin because they are too slow and Hastings will make a massive difference to how we attack. Our forwards were completely outplayed as we could not get into the Saints 25. In fact we scored a try before we even got into their half with the ball. Saints forwards showed us how to run onto ball and we stood back all night and let them come to us. If we play like that next week Hastings and their pack will have a field day, but would rather lose next week than be humiliated the following week.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:49 pm
Mickw wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 pm Tony Clubb got a new two year contract, two years .
Whoever makes decisions like that need to go ,no ifs or buts they should be gone for the good of the future of the club .
If it weren't for players drug taking and drink driving Smithies Byrne and Partington would never have got anywhere near the team no matter how some of these journeymen play.
Without those lads we would not have qualified for the playoffs. Burgess and Clark will not solve our problems.
Flowers best days are long gone as are Clubb ,Tommy SOL ,Navarrete's never made it ,but they'll all be going round again because we're daft enough to keep giving em contracts because someone's either to close to the players or not ruthless enough to cut the deadwood.
There's no long term plan as to where or which direction the franchise is going in,(we aren't a club because we have no home).
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mickw wrote:
Flowers best days are long gone as are Clubb ,Tommy SOL ,Navarrete's never made it ,but they'll all be going round again because we're daft enough to keep giving em contracts because someone's either to close to the players or not ruthless enough to cut the deadwood.
There's no long term plan as to where or which direction the franchise is going in,(we aren't a club because we have no home).
I can’t understand why Navarete keeps getting picked. He’s liable to give penalties away and officers little going forward.

The senior players in the front row are past it. Burgess on his own won’t fix it and I am not sure Clarke will help much. Would he get in Saints team? Nope.

I think you are right about lack of a long term plan. If we had anything remotely like one Flower, Clubb, Lockers and Tommy would have left/retired at least a couple of years ago.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just watched it after 2-10 shift....... firstly we fell behind coz( as ive always said) i can throw a ball longer than tommy can kick it...... secondly we had no go forward...... lockers was a passenger AGAIN( waste of subs when he plays)....... powell and isa missed loads of tackles( very unusual) but powell was clearly holding back his wrist.......french is another wasted sub as hes our best winger by a country mile....... burgess isnt firing and must get dropped next week....... big boo boo dropping greenwood imo...... hes big and strong and is more of a danger than faz( down tge left) in a tight game.......i think it should be clubbys last season and although ive always rated flower i think hes either injured or unfit....... the usual suspects tried tgere hearts out for us but things can only get better....... miracles do happen lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:37 pm
Mickw wrote:

I can’t understand why Navarete keeps getting picked. He’s liable to give penalties away and officers little going forward.

The senior players in the front row are past it. Burgess on his own won’t fix it and I am not sure Clarke will help much. Would he get in Saints team? Nope.

I think you are right about lack of a long term plan. If we had anything remotely like one Flower, Clubb, Lockers and Tommy would have left/retired at least a couple of years ago.
Let’s not forget we won SL 2018 with those guys, but I agree we should have gradually removed them from the squad. Benny and Lockers look a shadow of their former selves, Clubb I never put in their class. Tommy I think has had a decent season and he is probably the one we should have retained for experience. We are expecting too much of Smithies, Partington and Byrne which I think the Club has recognised hence the signing of Burgess and Clark. In all honesty though we needed to sign more forwards. We don’t need superstars just guys with size and aggression who do their job well.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ve never rated Navarette,I think I said as much when he went back to France,that he’s still here is down to the clubs strange policy regarding prop forwards,sorry he simply isn’t good enough.

Clubb shouldn’t have been given a new deal again very odd bit of business that.

As for Flower,the beat of them but he’s getting to the point of being injury prone

And I think Sarginson is going to be missed badly next season,only when he doesn’t play is he missed but again definitely slipped into the injury prone category I suppose
shaunedwardsfanclub

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:32 am I’ve never rated Navarette,I think I said as much when he went back to France,that he’s still here is down to the clubs strange policy regarding prop forwards,sorry he simply isn’t good enough.

Clubb shouldn’t have been given a new deal again very odd bit of business that.

As for Flower,the beat of them but he’s getting to the point of being injury prone

And I think Sarginson is going to be missed badly next season,only when he doesn’t play is he missed but again definitely slipped into the injury prone category I suppose
Sarge, injury prone or not, is still far better than Hanky. I am willing to bet that he would have made more yards than the whole of our pack tonight.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He would. But it wouldn't be enough, by a long shot.