Men against boys

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Men against boys

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:18 am
Wintergreen wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:41 am The only possible ray of light (and yes I am grasping at straws here), is that Lam decided that the game was gone at half time and dialled down the intensity after.

Can't think of many other reasons why the team turned up for a game of touch rugby after that.
We said the same after they strolled in for their first try after half time
I don’t believe they did but if it was true then they should be sacked.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

cdav wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:42 am Saints hammered Warrington 2 weeks before Wembley ,and we all know what happened there .......All is not lost
Wire rested more than half their team that day. That was why the resentment when the week after, Wigan beat a much stronger (on paper) wire side yet the media pushed that they had "injuries"
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:21 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:41 am The only possible ray of light (and yes I am grasping at straws here), is that Lam decided that the game was gone at half time and dialled down the intensity after.

Can't think of many other reasons why the team turned up for a game of touch rugby after that.
I did wonder myself if Wigan are somehow "lulling" the smellies into a false sense of security - grasping at the smallest straw here. First we have to beat Salford and then show enough nous, desire, controlled aggression and some sort of game plan that will at least trouble the smellies defence more than at least two or three times in 80 minutes . Can Lam do that? Is this all some sort of masterplan? Are my drugs starting to wear off?

I don't care what fans think of TL defence. We NEED Sammut playing on the right with GW on the left. TL can interchange with a hooker (who that may be). If Powell is absolutely not 100% then he is NOT picked. We HAVE to start with Greenwood as he can't pick up the intensity or pace of the game coming off the bench (he is not the only one btw). Interchanging wingers is NOT the way to go - French plays or he doesn't make the bench.

The reserves can't come soon enough for me next season. Just so players like SOL and Flower HAVE to find their form and fitness there rather than to the detriment of the first team as we currently witness
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:39 pm

I did wonder myself if Wigan are somehow "lulling" the smellies into a false sense of security - grasping at the smallest straw here. First we have to beat Salford and then show enough nous, desire, controlled aggression and some sort of game plan that will at least trouble the smellies defence more than at least two or three times in 80 minutes . Can Lam do that? Is this all some sort of masterplan? Are my drugs starting to wear off?

I don't care what fans think of TL defence. We NEED Sammut playing on the right with GW on the left. TL can interchange with a hooker (who that may be). If Powell is absolutely not 100% then he is NOT picked. We HAVE to start with Greenwood as he can't pick up the intensity or pace of the game coming off the bench (he is not the only one btw). Interchanging wingers is NOT the way to go - French plays or he doesn't make the bench.

The reserves can't come soon enough for me next season. Just so players like SOL and Flower HAVE to find their form and fitness there rather than to the detriment of the first team as we currently witness
bang on wov....i would, however be tempted for french fullback and zak centre....... either way we need greenwood and sammut in
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No I don't either and if so yes they should have been sacked if that's the case
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Do you think Lam has the same problem with French as he did with Escare don't know where to play him my money would be move Zak to centre and French to fullback .Whats the point of having French on the subs bench better to have 3 forwards and Zamutt on the bench. IMHO I think its time for SOL to retire he has been a good servant to the club but we have learned to play without him he started against Saints and did nothing to improve our play his salary could bring us another player into the squad.
shaunedwardsfanclub

We have been nowhere near Saints this season and I cannot see that changing if we meet again at OT.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:52 am

We have been nowhere near Saints this season and I cannot see that changing if we meet again at OT.
No we haven't. In a one off game you would expect the defending champions being able to at least compete for 80 minutes though

Is this down to the team or the coach?
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

shaunedwardsfanclub

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:52 am

No we haven't. In a one off game you would expect the defending champions being able to at least compete for 80 minutes though

Is this down to the team or the coach?
I would expect Wigan to compete in any match anywhere. We played a better team than Saints earlier in the season, Sydney Roosters, and we were very competitive.