My team for next week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: My team for next week

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:08 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:38 pm
Mickw wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:22 pm Sammuts a defensive liability for me,I'd play French scrum half Tommy hooker ,no SOL and definitely no navarrette, play the young boys give em experience for next year.
However we all know SOL will be playing no matter what.
French scrum half? How many times has he played this position as a professional?
Bizarre isn't it?

French to scrum half, Smithies to hooker - what next? Lockers to wing? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Worst case scenario is Farrell to interchange with TL at hooker - this gives a Lam favourite in Isa his spot but also has Farrell and Greenwood in the side

French is another Escare

As for Sammut's defence not being good enough - never laughed so much. You excuse a defensive half in TL with his crap kicking just for his tackling then complain that GW doesn't "do" anything because he is essentially marked out of the game by opposition teams. What it does prove is that we are "carrying" under performing players who's laziness and deficiencies are being hidden by other players - fact!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
CheshireWarrior

Re: My team for next week

Post by CheshireWarrior »

This would be my shout for Friday:
1. Z. Hardaker.......... Not exactly set the world alight, but is consistently reliable/comfy at FB.
2. L. Marshall..........Not the biggest of wingers but always gives 100%.
3. C. Hankinson..........Sarge would be ideal if fit, be interesting to see if Hank is 3 next season.
4. O. Gildart..........NRL Quality IMO!
5. B. French..........Has far too much pace and energy to be warming the bench up.
6. G. Williams..........Quality season, needed a natural 7 to work with this season!
7. T. Leuluai..........Wants to play nine IMO and is stronger there!
8. O. Partington...…….Hopefully has a long-term future at the DW.
9. S. Powell.........Finally found his position at 9, never a 7 IMO!
10. L. Byrne..........Looks promising for the future!
11. W. Isa..........blows far too hot and cold for me but will do the job
12. L. Farrell (c).........Amazed he didnt get into GB Squad!
13. M. Smithies..........Superb season!