Message board changes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Message board changes

Post by Mike »

Hi

I've been making the site in general, and message board in particular faster over the weekend.

I haven't had time to test anything, so I expect a lot of problems to emerge today and tomorrow. I will try to fix everything as it gets spotted. Post here if you spot anything not working.

Hopefully the site will be faster and more reliable when these changes have been bedded in.

Mike
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Re: Message board changes

Post by Fraggle »

Hi Mike

Very trivial one, but the count of number of views isn't working. All the recent messages show 0 views which can't be right as I've read them all even if no-one else has!

On the positive, the message board seems much much faster this morning (although the 100mbs university network may be a factor...) so thanks for whatever changes you have made.

Edit - also, "sticky" threads seem to disappear altogether! I was going to make this one sticky but when I did it disappeared, thankfully the "back" button now works with whatever change you've made so I was able to get back in here and "unsticky" it!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Thanks Fraggle

I knew about those two problems - also, the front page is showing really old news and views, rather than really new ones.

Maybe I'll get time after work to fix these after wor today.

It does seem to be working a lot faster though.

Mike
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

100% better for me mike, Really fast now well done
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Mine's loads faster aswell,don't have to wait for ages when reading threads anymore. Well done :D

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mike posted:
I knew about those two problems - also, the front page is showing really old news and views, rather than really new ones.
Old news? I was getting just excited by the fact we'd been drawn to play Whitehaven in the Regal Cup...

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mike, another one for you. Maybe it's just me so confirmation from others might be useful. After reading the "unread" messages in a thread, the link to the "unread" messages is removed from the thread list page but the thread remains highlighted. I'm still showing "Unread Content" at the top of the screen as well, although there's nothing I've not read.

[hr]
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Me too :conf:

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

A lot lot better Mike, I tried to get on a few days ago but it was just too slow to even bother!
Not had any problems as of yet. Ooo a new fast board just in time for the season!!!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Much much better Thanks :D