Versus Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Versus Salford

Post by Firestarter »

mjdodge13 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 pm Completely out coached! We offer absolutely nothing in attack! One up runners no matter where we are on the field in the hope someone will miss a tackle..........it’s been the same all year, but a lucky streak in the middle of the season papered over the cracks.

Salford were actually inventive and made opportunities.

Nothing has actually improved from the first few rounds. We got out muscled in the first few rounds and same again in the last few rounds.

Last week Saints very simply published a blue print on how to beat us!

No need to worry though all we need is a new pack, half back and Centre........Oh and a coach who was brought in on a gap year.
its funny how all our fans seem to agree where we need to strengthen , yet, we sign another winger....... never mind we will have bibby next season and manfredi and davies lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Versus Salford

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote:Very honest interview by lam...... too be fair hes been dropped in at the deep end with no favours....... give him a pre season to pick more ins and outs and lets see whats what......... 5 months ago no one would have expected us in the semi imo
Five months ago no one expected the champions to be at the wrong end of the table either. I fail to see why he gets a pass on the way the team has gone this season. He’s not a spectator, he’s the coach.

No one forced him to take the job and he was always going to be the coach this year regardless.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I don't know where to start after that shambles ,so I don't think I'll bother.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Lam looks and has looked out of his depth for most of the season,the only times things looked up when Matty Peet reappeared,he doesn’t know his best side whatsoever seemingly sanctioned the signing of yet another winger,did we really need another exciting though he may be?

Going to be a close season of soul searching and tactics for him I think.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 pm
Firestarter wrote:Very honest interview by lam...... too be fair hes been dropped in at the deep end with no favours....... give him a pre season to pick more ins and outs and lets see whats what......... 5 months ago no one would have expected us in the semi imo
Five months ago no one expected the champions to be at the wrong end of the table either. I fail to see why he gets a pass on the way the team has gone this season. He’s not a spectator, he’s the coach.

No one forced him to take the job and he was always going to be the coach this year regardless.
i think the weakened squad and edwards fiasco hadnt helped davo...... i honestly think SW would have done worse this season imo....... ill give hime a few months into the new season and i will change my tune if we dpnt improve...... tommy and lockers are gonna be a big waste on salary and ide love another centre n hooker so lets see what happens....... i honestly think that we arnt rotating the squad enough and lam mentioned this for what ever reason
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Personally I'm relieved we haven't made Old Trafford. No matter how we reflect on tonight or the whole season, we have been dominated by Saints in every game this season......can anyone truly say hand on heart if we beat Salford tonight they really believed 100% we could be Saints?

As for Lam, I agree with others who are of the opinion that he has entered the club under difficult circumstances. Bateman, Tomkins, Sutton are loses for sure, but the club and squad has had to adapt with a different coach and style/ideas. The Edwards saga didn't help but its pointless asking 'what if' regarding Wane and Edwards.

To finish in 2nd place after EVERYTHING this season suggests Lam has stabilised the club. 2020 is the test, he knows he has the job now and he has 12 months experience behind him!

O'Loughlin, Clubb, J. Burgess are three standout players stealing a living!
Sol1

Post by Sol1 »

Joey lussic when he came on was brilliant tonight. At end of last season I said he would be a great signing and still stand by that.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 pm Personally I'm relieved we haven't made Old Trafford. No matter how we reflect on tonight or the whole season, we have been dominated by Saints in every game this season......can anyone truly say hand on heart if we beat Salford tonight they really believed 100% we could be Saints?
No but but we should have still got to the final when we finished 2nd. You never want to not be in finals even if the prospect for victory seems poor. There are no excuses for that failure.
As for Lam, I agree with others who are of the opinion that he has entered the club under difficult circumstances. Bateman, Tomkins, Sutton are loses for sure, but the club and squad has had to adapt with a different coach and style/ideas. The Edwards saga didn't help but its pointless asking 'what if' regarding Wane and Edwards.

To finish in 2nd place after EVERYTHING this season suggests Lam has stabilised the club. 2020 is the test, he knows he has the job now and he has 12 months experience behind him!
Why would a club that were champions the season before need stabilising? At the end of last season everyone was saying Greenwood was Bateman's replacement, Hardaker was Sam T's (Hardaker has actually IMO been a success) and Bullock for Sutton. It's not like we didn't even attempt to replace these players.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Again after last week no pride in the shirt.
Burgess never looked like he gave a damn
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:13 pm
mjdodge13 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 pm Completely out coached! We offer absolutely nothing in attack! One up runners no matter where we are on the field in the hope someone will miss a tackle..........it’s been the same all year, but a lucky streak in the middle of the season papered over the cracks.

Salford were actually inventive and made opportunities.

Nothing has actually improved from the first few rounds. We got out muscled in the first few rounds and same again in the last few rounds.

Last week Saints very simply published a blue print on how to beat us!

No need to worry though all we need is a new pack, half back and Centre........Oh and a coach who was brought in on a gap year.
its funny how all our fans seem to agree where we need to strengthen , yet, we sign another winger....... never mind we will have bibby next season and manfredi and davies lol
Said the same thing to Josie,French isn’t a half back a winger yes maybe a fullback (too lightweight for me)if we fans can see areas that clearly need new blood who signed him up?

Lam or Rads?