Versus Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Versus Salford

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:38 am IFL, Rads, Lam, Peet etc. looked shocked when they left the club, let’s hope they are inspired to get better players.
Well apart from Peet who I know little about the other three need a bomb up their backsides.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

That was just embarrassing, no passion from the players and I know I am repeating what many have said but Lockers, Clubb and Flower need to go.Powell cant pass the ball and Budgie is just not the same player.On the bright side we have Burgess and Hastings next season who are class acts, Bibby looked ok last night and Clark could be a good impact player from the bench.I think this season is just proof of the clubs policy of signing and retaining average players, Hankinson, Sammutt, Escare, Isa none of whom are good enough.Add a marquee player who is vastly overrated and goes missing in big games and we end up with nothing.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:37 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:12 am Said the same thing to Josie,French isn’t a half back a winger yes maybe a fullback (too lightweight for me)if we fans can see areas that clearly need new blood who signed him up?

Lam or Rads?
Will you miss e next season when I move seats? 😂 There’ll be no shoulders bobbing up & down that’s for sure 😘😘
Ah you moving Josie?

Shame that last night was very funny,just the tonic for that performance
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:05 am
warriors01 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:33 am We have got a new pack next season, Burgess, Bullock, Clark, Byrne and Partington. Throw in Hastings the best half back in Super league. Move French to full back, Hardaker to centre. Get Lockers, Manfredi and Tommy to retire, move Navarette , Flowers on along with Shorrocks, Woods, Davies and J Burgess. This would free up some salary cap to bring in a back row forward and a half back. Suggest then we wont be far off next season
Dream on. We need some solid forwards who graft. Can somebody explain why our backs try to bring us out of our 20, whilst our forwards dominate our plays when we are in the opposition’s 20?
Our backs bring us out of the 20 because our forwards are 30 yards up the field blowing out of their arses . Not able or willing to get back onside.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Radlinski and Lenegan must be squirming in their seats watching Tony Clubb lumbering around the pitch ,and if they're not they bloody should be.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mickw wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:07 am Radlinski and Lenegan must be squirming in their seats watching Tony Clubb lumbering around the pitch ,and if they're not they bloody should be.
They gave him a 2 year contract.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:11 am
Mickw wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:07 am Radlinski and Lenegan must be squirming in their seats watching Tony Clubb lumbering around the pitch ,and if they're not they bloody should be.
They gave him a 2 year contract.
Yes nearly bad a business move as signing Navarette,Escare on such long deals..a new coach will always want his own players wherever possible let’s not forget.

In a sport that really can’t afford long deals then I think a 2 year deal to a player in his early 30s is acceptable but only if his form warrants it,I’m sorry whoever cut that deal must have been watching a different player than I’ve seen for most of this season,now Wigan are stuck with a player clearly slowing down and past his best.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:34 am
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:55 pm Again after last week no pride in the shirt.
Burgess never looked like he gave a damn
I don’t agree with you highlighting one player’s performance, it’s a team game and we were not good enough.
I wasn't planning to highlight one player and my comment was aimed at the team.
However at the time of writing i was still focused on how unbothered budgie looked every time he was trundling past me on the pitch in the east stand.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:32 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:34 am
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:55 pm Again after last week no pride in the shirt.
Burgess never looked like he gave a damn
I don’t agree with you highlighting one player’s performance, it’s a team game and we were not good enough.
I wasn't planning to highlight one player and my comment was aimed at the team.
However at the time of writing i was still focused on how unbothered budgie looked every time he was trundling past me on the pitch in the east stand.
Why not single him out though,he’s been a shadow of himself all
Season long but no he’s off to the NRL soon as isn’t he?

Yea right he will never get another crack down under,his future is in super league time he accepted it,knuckled down and did his job
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:57 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:37 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:12 am Said the same thing to Josie,French isn’t a half back a winger yes maybe a fullback (too lightweight for me)if we fans can see areas that clearly need new blood who signed him up?

Lam or Rads?
Will you miss me next season when I move seats? 😂 There’ll be no shoulders bobbing up & down that’s for sure 😘😘
Ah you moving Josie?

Shame that last night was very funny,just the tonic for that performance
I’m having a lot of health problems sadly, so just moving down to the bottom where I’ve no steps to contend with ☹️
Been in that seat 20 years, our Richard, who was 6 when I started taking him & his girlfriend, who he introduced to the game, are keeping their seats though 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan