Time for an Australian referee to take grand final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Time for an Australian referee to take grand final

Post by ddtftf »

Its time for a neutral ref to referee the grand final I wanted Salford to win but i felt that all calls went against them , in such a big match i would like to see an independent Aus or NZ referee
widdenoldboy

Re: Time for an Australian referee to take grand final

Post by widdenoldboy »

Poor day for Kendall, normally he is good but he missed a good number of things, all going in Saints favour.
jobo

Post by jobo »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:15 pm Its time for a neutral ref to referee the grand final I wanted Salford to win but i felt that all calls went against them , in such a big match i would like to see an independent Aus or NZ referee
I reckon the next time the smellys reach any final, the ref should be a Wigan season ticket holder of many years standing. At least then, the neutrals would understand why every decision went against Sts.
ddtftf

Aus ref for grand final

Post by ddtftf »

Should be an Aus or NZ ref for the grand final after tonight's dismal display
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

jobo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:19 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:15 pm Its time for a neutral ref to referee the grand final I wanted Salford to win but i felt that all calls went against them , in such a big match i would like to see an independent Aus or NZ referee
I reckon the next time the smellys reach any final, the ref should be a Wigan season ticket holder of many years standing. At least then, the neutrals would understand why every decision went against Sts.
If they’d be a season ticket holder they’d still penalise Powell.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wiganer Ted

Re: Aus ref for grand final

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The refs in the Aussie GF hardly excelled themselves.
Poor decisions throughout from them.

When decisions are so obviously wrong then the VR should intervene. The VR just having to wait for the match referee to ask plainly needs to be reviewed and improved. The VR should be allowed to intervene.
All we want are correct decisions how they get there needs to be looked at.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't recall any glaring errors, but the 50/50s, and, indeed, the 60/40s, all went Saints' way. Wouldn't have altered the result, though.

And as Ted rightly says, the refs in the NRL GF hardly covered themselves in glory.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Kendall his usual inept self quite how he’s highly regarded is beyond me,that said Salford not quite good enough in truth though Bibby just gets better every time I see him (he would be a shrewd signing for a super league club perhaps👍)

In the end the correct team won over the season doesn’t always work out like that of course but did this season
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:48 pm I don't recall any glaring errors, but the 50/50s, and, indeed, the 60/40s, all went Saints' way. Wouldn't have altered the result, though.

And as Ted rightly says, the refs in the NRL GF hardly covered themselves in glory.
That’s one game though,most drool over the NRL ref standards don’t they?
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Best side undoubtedly won, but plenty of the talk is about the poor game that the referee had. Have to agree, 50/50' s going all one way as well as all the 60/40's....... and even Mr Cummings on Sky for once did not always back the referee.
Hicks cocked the Challenge Final up, Thaler (Salford game see above 're same type of thread), only left Kendall of the ones that Ganson trusts - and he played true to form - promoted beyond the level of his own incompetence.
Sort it out, please!