Mr Gregory

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gheinz

Mr Gregory

Post by gheinz »

What do the other fans think about making Mike Gregory full time coach? So far under him we are unbeaten in ten games and are playing some of the best rugby of the season,so wake up Wigan and make Mike the number 1!!!
southern warrrior

Re: Mr Gregory

Post by southern warrrior »

Damn right gheinz he's turned them around from playing ok to playing near perfect so i agree come on maurice pull your finger out anf make that man sign on the dotted line for good !!!!
skorpion

Post by skorpion »

I agree, Mike should get the job.On GMR last Thursday he said he and Dennis had a three year plan mapped out. The only downside is in this weeks League Express it seems Chris Anderson may be on a third written warning from the Sharks. Will Maurice tap him up during the test matches, lets hope not.The Sharks havn't done to well this year.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I personally would like to see Gregory get the post, it's like I read somewhere else, how big a boost would it be for himself and the players to have the coaching staff decided before we go into the biggest game of the season.

There are some people claiming divides between Raper and the players caused an atmosphere and that when Gregory took over the moral was boosted which is why we're on form. Whether this is true or not he's played at top level, he's coached world class players and now he's had experience of a top Super League side in the end of season play-offs. Who, with our injury problems earlier in the season, thought we'd be here now? I say give him the job Mo, he deserves it!
Emma Farrell

Post by Emma Farrell »

i heard that raper left coz e didnt get along with some of the players and he sent bibey 2 leigh coz farrell betted bibey that he wouldnt go up 2 stu raper in a club and floor him and he did and raper wasnt very happy lol im surprised that maurice hasnt give mike the job already he has done a great job with 10 games in a row (and 2 fo them stains!!)
Deltic3

Post by Deltic3 »

I really hope that Mike gets the job, but i fear that unless we win the GF then uncle Mo may still look to Oz!

Greg and Bettsy deserve the job NOW - so come on Maurice give everybody what they want!!
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I don't know why, but I am still sitting on the fence for this one....please don't have a go at me as I just don't have any real reason....I think it's because I thought Stuart Raper was a pretty decent bloke.

Anyway, all credit to Gregory and Betts, they have done a wonderful job so far and best of luck to then both etc....I don't honestly know why I am not as keen as everyone else....I'll have to think about this one.

Maybe I am just not pinning any hopes on them keeping their jobs because what Maurice wants, Maurice usually gets!!!!
redhead

Post by redhead »

I agree about that with Maurice...but come on what more does the guy have to do to prove that the lads play well under his rule...I wasnt keen at first but hes definately proved he can coach and its all local pride at the mom local lads local coach...please Maurice dont get another Aussie in we dont need one stick to home.
the little walnut