Poor attendance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Poor attendance

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:05 am
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:09 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:26 pm It’s about time the BBC was scrapped. It is a news company with its own agenda.
Like every other news company you mean?

The BBC is the most neutral one out there. It doesn't have a paymaster forcing its hand.
Have to agree with you where people get this almost delusional,view that the bbc is left/right wing,depending on your world view of course
They should report on the news not form their own opinion.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 pm

The BBC is the most neutral one out there. It doesn't have a paymaster forcing its hand.
Have to agree with you where people get this almost delusional,view that the bbc is left/right wing,depending on your world view of course
They do.

They must be very unbiased because both left and right have reams of evidence that they are biased against them!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 pm

They do I’m sorry but to say otherwise is well off the mark,they’re still the most honest news gatherers for my money
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

And the most open about criticism and double standards.

Private Eye and the Beeb, coupled with ABC in America...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Remainers claiming the Beeb is not bias, You couldn't make it, Next they will be claiming CH4 is on the right :lol:
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:52 pm Remainers claiming the Beeb is not bias, You couldn't make it, Next they will be claiming CH4 is on the right :lol:
🤣
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

medlocke wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:52 pm Remainers claiming the Beeb is not bias, You couldn't make it, Next they will be claiming CH4 is on the right :lol:
Remainers actually claim its massively biased towards leave.

But the reasonable majority are reasonable happy.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

I think that all those that feel it is value for money should continue to pay their licence fee and those who don’t should be able to opt out and be prevented from viewing. I don’t think the reasonable majority would want to subscribe, but then again I could be wrong. In my view it is a complete waste of money.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:I think that all those that feel it is value for money should continue to pay their licence fee and those who don’t should be able to opt out and be prevented from viewing. I don’t think the reasonable majority would want to subscribe, but then again I could be wrong. In my view it is a complete waste of money.
You can already do that now you know. Just watch TV through your computer and don't use iPlayer. You don't need to pay tv license. You can subscribe to sky, Netflix or whatever you like. Just stay away from iPlayer and don't have a digital TV and you are fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:07 am You can already do that now you know. Just watch TV through your computer and don't use iPlayer. You don't need to pay tv license. You can subscribe to sky, Netflix or whatever you like. Just stay away from iPlayer and don't have a digital TV and you are fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Not sure if that’s true, here’s the relevant but from the licensing site
A TV Licence covers you to watch or record live TV programmes on any channel, and to download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer. This applies to any device and provider you use, including:
TV sets (including smart TVs)
DVD, Blu-ray and VHS recorders
Laptops and desktop computers
Tablets, mobile phones and other portable devices
Digital boxes or PVRs (such as Sky, Virgin Media or BT TV)
Games consoles
Media streaming devices (such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku and Now TV)
Freeview, Freesat or YouView

It’s like the old argument of I only watch ITV, the licence is on the equipment to receive it rather than the channel you watch, after all BBC is carried on the sky platform as is iplayer
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!