ENGLAND RUGBY LEAGUE SUPPORTERS CLUB LAUNCHED

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

ENGLAND RUGBY LEAGUE SUPPORTERS CLUB LAUNCHED

Post by josie andrews »

It’s the ultimate way for English Rugby League fans to show their national pride – and it launches today (Wednesday 6 November).

The official England Rugby League Supporters Club, nicknamed the ‘Wall of White’ by fans via an Our League poll, offers exciting deals for members, including:

£5 off each ticket purchased for the 2020 Rugby League Ashes series against Australia;
an exclusive ‘welcome pack’, including hat and pin badge, plus further benefits to come;
members-only England Rugby League content and activities;
exclusive offers and prizes; and
guaranteed tickets to all England’s 2021 World Cup group matches.
Mark Foster, the RFL’s Chief Commercial Officer, says: “We’re thrilled to be launching the ‘Wall of White’ supporters club and delighted to be able to begin introducing a range of exclusive deals to legions of England Rugby League fans.

“With a Rugby League Ashes series to look forward to next year and a World Cup taking place here in 2021, there couldn’t be a better time for England supporters to nail their colours to the mast – and also to take advantage of a fantastic offer on tickets for the mouth-watering three-game series against Australia.”

Information about venues and tickets for England versus Australia will be announced shortly.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/56 ... -launched-
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AndyNick

Re: ENGLAND RUGBY LEAGUE SUPPORTERS CLUB LAUNCHED

Post by AndyNick »

Not sure how I feel about this one.
£25 a year. Is the demand for tickets going to be so high that you're going to find it difficult to get them if you don't sign up? or are you essentially paying £25 for a £5 discount, a hat and a lapel pin?

Whilst I like the idea of a supporters club, and I like the idea of the genuine fans getting first refusal at tickets. I can't help but feel that it's just a way of squeezing an extra £25 a year out of fans who will already likely be going. I can't see any new fans signing up to pay £25, those who sign up, will likely already go to the games anyway and spend a lot of money in doing so.. It almost feels like a thinly veiled threat that "If you don't sign up, you might not get tickets for the games you want to go and see"

Or am I reading too much into it?