Rugby League Ashes returning and England’s newest stadium to host

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Rugby League Ashes returning and England’s newest stadium to host

Post by josie andrews »

The NRL has announced that in late 2020 the Rugby League “Ashes” will be making a return after being on hiatus since 2003.

The end-of-season series will see England host Australia for three matches, they will take place at the following venues and times:

University of Bolton Stadium, Saturday October 31st 1:30AM (Fri 30th 2:30PM local time)

Elland Road, Sunday November 7th 1:30AM (Sat 6th 2:30PM local time)

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Sunday November 15th 4:30AM (Sat 14th 5:30PM local time)

This will prove an historic series, not only as it’s the first in 17 years, but because it will be the first Rugby League game played at the recently opened Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Tickets are on sale now!

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rugby-le ... ced-24102/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Rugby League Ashes returning and England’s newest stadium to host

Post by josie andrews »

As much as I want to go to these games, I’m angry that massive games for our sport are being held at football grounds AGAIN 🤬
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am As much as I want to go to these games, I’m angry that massive games for our sport are being held at football grounds AGAIN 🤬
much as i agree Josie i think if we are to grow the game and attract bigger crowds then we need to use football grounds.

i mentioned on a post recently about GB that i was used to watching games in front of 40-50k+ but now the RFL seems happy with almost selling out at a 25k ground.

the challenge for the RFL now is to fill both Elland Rd and Tottenham. if they can do that then fair play to them and it can be considered a success
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am As much as I want to go to these games, I’m angry that massive games for our sport are being held at football grounds AGAIN 🤬
I dont mind one being at bolton. Its easy to access from anywhere being away from the centre and has some good food places around.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The Bolton game for us,not sure how many they’ll get at spurs but if there was a coach down I’d go as I’d love to see that ground,shame the club don’t put feelers out to see if there is interest from fans but sadly RL clubs only ever look inward.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

If we go down south, it should be a smaller ground. Wembley doesn't get filled and neither will spurs stadium. Maybe the den in Millwall or somewhere like Loftus Road.

Bolton only holds an extra 2k than the DW. Elland road is fine by me, still a good old fashioned ground, but would prefer headingley
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:03 pm If we go down south, it should be a smaller ground. Wembley doesn't get filled and neither will spurs stadium. Maybe the den in Millwall or somewhere like Loftus Road.

Bolton only holds an extra 2k than the DW. Elland road is fine by me, still a good old fashioned ground, but would prefer headingley
St Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium?