Blake Austin to play on wing for Great Britain

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Blake Austin to play on wing for Great Britain

Post by josie andrews »

BLAKE Austin will play on the wing for Great Britain in Saturday's second Test against New Zealand.

The Wire stand-off has been summoned to fill in after Zak Hardaker - himself a makeshift replacement for the injured Ryan Hall - picked up a shoulder injury in training.

Austin looks set to be named outside Warrington teammate Jack Hughes in the three-quarter line when the team for the match in Christchurch is announced, with both players in line for their Lions debuts.

Wolves prop Joe Philbin also looks set to miss the game with a hamstring injury but is likely to be fit for the final match of the tour against Papua New Guinea on November 16.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/s ... t-britain/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Blake Austin to play on wing for Great Britain

Post by josie andrews »

What a fecking shambles of a “test” series this has been!! 🤬🤬
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hardaker played full back all season plays centre then selected on the wing.
Hughes who's played second row all season now playing centre.
Austin who played stand off all season now playing wing.
Not good enough nowhere near good enough at all.

Whether Bennett has been restricted to the players who were in the original travelling squad and prevented from bringing replacements out, or all this is his own making I don't know but there's something wrong here!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Absolute shambles. I think Bennet has embarrassed himself here.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:13 am Hardaker played full back all season plays centre then selected on the wing.

Whether Bennett has been restricted to the players who were in the original travelling squad and prevented from bringing replacements out, or all this is his own making I don't know but there's something wrong here!
Agree totally.
A lions squad with only 2 recognised wingers, and 1 centre. You couldn't make it up.!!
Jack Hughes at centre ?? He shouldn't be anywhere near the squad at his own position of second row, let alone bloody centre.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bertina wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:50 am
Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:13 am Hardaker played full back all season plays centre then selected on the wing.

Agree totally.
A lions squad with only 2 recognised wingers, and 1 centre. You couldn't make it up.!!
Jack Hughes at centre ?? He shouldn't be anywhere near the squad at his own position of second row, let alone bloody centre.
Disagree with you re Jack Hughes, he’s a very competent second row player!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Agree totally.
I agree that Jack Hughes is a competent second row forward. No more though, and definitely not an international standard three quarter. He didn't select himself though so the blame should lie with the selection committee.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

This whole series is an England training camp. Shambles!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hughes for me at least falls into that group that Philbin is in,good but not great players who came up with this squad needs shipping out but that said the whole exercise has been a shambles and one I hope not to see repeated.

Time to stop kidding ourselves that the super league is brim full of players from all parts of the country it’s not and it’s time to stop pretending it is too.
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Agree totally.
I didn’t say he wasn’t a competent second row Josie, I said he shouldn’t be anywhere near a lions squad, and I honestly believe that.
That apart, it just highlights the farcical selection policy from the beginning.