Wigan winger Davies linked with Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan winger Davies linked with Catalans

Post by Caboosegg »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:55 pm Should have been budgie for me. I think Tom was the best all round winger or maybe on par with Dom when fully fit. Very capable in defence and can finish with the best of them. Disappointed he has gone
Id have to disagree, while Davis is an excellent winger he isnt a patch on what Manfredi has been.... key point is has been though.

Out of Davis and Marshall i though Davis was the better winger, however Marshall has come on leaps and bounds in 2019.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:55 pm Should have been budgie for me. I think Tom was the best all round winger or maybe on par with Dom when fully fit. Very capable in defence and can finish with the best of them. Disappointed he has gone

a fully fit Dom is the best winger in the league
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 am

a fully fit Dom is the best winger in the league
i agree but an injured dom is the worst
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Budgie would of been my choice to go
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Both Budgie and Davies were under contract and by the looks of it only Davies asked for a move so while people might like Budgie to have be the one leaving there doesn't seem to be much the club could have done about it other than refused Davies request.

You also have to remember the club is a bit strapped for cash so with so many first team players who can play wing one wanting to leave was probably not met with much resistance.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 pm Both Budgie and Davies were under contract and by the looks of it only Davies asked for a move so while people might like Budgie to have be the one leaving there doesn't seem to be much the club could have done about it other than refused Davies request.

You also have to remember the club is a bit strapped for cash so with so many first team players who can play wing one wanting to leave was probably not met with much resistance.
I agree with what you say and if there’s some truth why bring French in?

Yes he’s fast on the wing but all he is is a turbocharged lewis teirney/Morgan Escare did the club really think that the wing position was one that needed filling?

If so those doing the recruiting need to look at themselves long and hard
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:16 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 pm Both Budgie and Davies were under contract and by the looks of it only Davies asked for a move so while people might like Budgie to have be the one leaving there doesn't seem to be much the club could have done about it other than refused Davies request.

Yes he’s fast on the wing but all he is is a turbocharged lewis teirney/Morgan Escare did the club really think that the wing position was one that needed filling?

But we didnt bring french in as a winger did we? He fell out of favour for refusing to play wing so why would he come to SL as a winger.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

You honestly think French is jut a turbo charged Tierney / Escare ?

Come on.

I’m not saying French is the second coming, but the glimpses and half chances etc I’ve seen in the short space tell me he has the potential to be something special.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:57 pm

But we didnt bring french in as a winger did we? He fell out of favour for refusing to play wing so why would he come to SL as a winger.
But that’s where he was played though was it not?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:58 am

You honestly think French is jut a turbo charged Tierney / Escare ?

Come on.

I’m not saying French is the second coming, but the glimpses and half chances etc I’ve seen in the short space tell me he has the potential to be something special.
Stature wise yes I do think that about him I should have clarified my post but put him at fullback (though why I’m not sure) then the big men will handle him easily enough which was the same problem he had in the NRL.

He’s very fast that’s for sure as for anything else let’s wait and see shall we,nothing will give me greater pleasure than being proven wrong though