latics in the final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
standishcat

Re: latics in the final

Post by standishcat »

Bleurgh! Damn Latics. Hope my beloved United get in the final and trash them 4-0 like we did a month ago!

Anyone else sick of hearing Whelan's voice? I am. His 'beloved Latics' get into the Prem and he's like a foghorn now. Hello, there's a rugby team over here. :sly:

Ooo bitter, I am lol. :blush:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Really annoyed me yesterday the way whelan was parading around the pitch after the game, you dont even see him at our games let alone running round the pitch hugging fans....not that i'd wan to be hugged by him but would be nice to at least pretend that hes bothered about us.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
superleague

Post by superleague »

mrs_carney posted:
Really annoyed me yesterday the way whelan was parading around the pitch after the game, you dont even see him at our games let alone running round the pitch hugging fans....not that i'd wan to be hugged by him but would be nice to at least pretend that hes bothered about us.
no surprise there though as we've always know that we are second best
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

point i was making was he doesnt have to rub it in our faces THAT much
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the guy was happy dont think he did it just to rub your face in it , see wat he does when we get to wembley ,tell me then hes rubbing it in the latics face, give him a break if it wasnt for him we wouldnt be playing :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Are you seriously having a laugh Mike? You see him as our saviour do you? I seem to remember that since Whelan put his face into the rugby there has been a massive coincedence that the rugby has gone down hill, yet the football has rocketed. Wake up and smell the coffee Mike, if he had his way Wigan rugby league would be a union team, he has already hinted at that.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Martin Taylor posted:
Are you seriously having a laugh Mike? You see him as our saviour do you? I seem to remember that since Whelan put his face into the rugby there has been a massive coincedence that the rugby has gone down hill, yet the football has rocketed. Wake up and smell the coffee Mike, if he had his way Wigan rugby league would be a union team, he has already hinted at that.
Rubbish. Were you at the shareholders meetings when Whelan bought out the club? If not, then you don't know what you are on about. At the time I had my doubts, but Whelan has been nothing but good for both rugby and footy teams in Wigan. The Wigan RL club off the pitch is in the heathliest state it has been in for a long while. The recruitment of (the famously anti-union) Millward can hardly be seen as part of a master plan to run Wigan RL into the ground and move it to union - can it?

You've got to separate the playing situation - bad injury situations, increase competition (and some dodgy recruitment descisions) - from the owners influence - because he doesn't have much control over those things (except for making money available, which is restricted by the salary cap).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Martin Taylor posted:
Wake up and smell the coffee Mike, if he had his way Wigan rugby league would be a union team, he has already hinted at that.
Your missing the point Martin. If Whelan had NOT had his way, there may well be no Wigan RLFC left to become a league team, union team, tiddlywinks team or anything else. You'll remember we were severely in the mire back around 1998/9 thanks to the previous board of directors, under threat of closure, until Whelan's money came to our rescue. Whether or not you agree with his priorities, we do owe him rather a big debt, and he doesn't really get in the way of anything to do with the rugby team so I really don't think it's worth worrying about his undisguised passion for the Latics.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

I agree it doesnt matter where his priorities lie i agree, but its goin away from the point like most of these threads, this is a rugby board not a football one :angry: . Whelan may own both but the lactics are a separate issue and ppl can b sour over them elsewhere :exc: Lets all just focus on rugby shall we get behind the team instead of ranting on about side issues like the football team or Saints, we've got some good recruits this year and we dont need to worry about Whelan celebr8in somethin nothin 2 do with League
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be!!