Mitch Clark vows to bring "energy" to Wigan Warriors pack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Mitch Clark vows to bring "energy" to Wigan Warriors pack

Post by josie andrews »

Mitch Clark has vowed to add some fizz to Wigan’s pack after checking-in for pre-season training.

The new recruit made an instant impression by reporting for duty two weeks early – alongside the youngsters in the squad – to get a head start on preparations for 2020.

Kiwi prop Clark, signed from Castleford, is determined to grasp his big chance at the Warriors – both on and off the pitch.

“I’m keen to learn from the coaches and buzz off the players, and I think the way Wigan play will suit me as well,” said the 26-year-old.

“I want to bring loads of energy and enthusiasm. I’ll put my body on the line for the team, take the hits for the team, do what I can.

“I’m really excited to be here, and I just want to rip into pre-season.

“I’ve not played with these players yet so I’ll be training my backside off to earn their respect and trust from the coaching staff.”

Clark is one of four frontline recruits for 2020 alongside Salford’s Jake Bibby and marquee duo George Burgess and Jackson Hastings.

After signing for Wigan earlier this year, Castleford shipped him out on loan to Leigh, but he had previously played in Super League with Hull KR – having arrived on these shores with part-timers Doncaster.

Clark was born in Yorkshire when his dad, Trevor, played for Bradford.

“I moved back to New Zealand when I was two and a half but I always thought I’d come back,” he said.

"From Doncaster I went to Bradford and Hull KR and Castleford and now here.

“For me, I feel like I’m progressing as a player and now I’m at Wigan I’m going to rip in.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/mitch- ... 1-10101073
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Re: Mitch Clark vows to bring "energy" to Wigan Warriors pack

Post by ancientnloyal »

Whatever the initial thoughts of his signing for many just like to say Good Luck Mitch and all the best
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If Mitch transfers his current attitude onto the pitch that will do for me.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:22 pm If Mitch transfers his current attitude onto the pitch that will do for me.
I Agree. If that attitude continues throughout pre-season the lad should be fit and ready to go come the start of the new campaign.
Good luck to him.